TWENTY: THE LETTER

PART ONE, TWENTY: THE LETTER

Should'nt let my mind wander when I had the chance to get away.

It had been a week since Emma has spoken to Tom and she didn't want to as he had scared her with he cult like practices of his group. None of it made sense to her, 'they had wanted her as an asset to their group' she didn't understand it. But at this point Emma was sure she probably wasn't going to speak the boy ever again.

Emma was content as the sweet tea, slid down her throat gratefully. Her stomach growled in hunger as she took a bite of her buttered toast.

The breakfast in the Great Hall was quite enjoyable, some talked excitedly about gossip and at most times their classes, some still looked groggy and red eyed most likely not getting enough sleep the night before, some finishing homework they didn't finish as they scrawled words with their feathered quills quickly on their parchment.

"Mail's here!" Someone shouted amongst the room, Emma perked her head up as she saw the swarm of owls coming into the castle in different directions, mail from families and friends dropped from their beaks and were placed firmly in the owners hands.

Emma looked through her mail, some was the usual which was the Daily Prophet, a witch weekly magazine, and a letter from her father.

She took the usual mail into her bag but frowned at the fourth, a letter she didn't see before and picked it up to examine.

It was in a small envelope, her name written in neat cursive in black ink, she didn't recognize the handwriting

"a self-writing quill" Emma said quietly to herself as she opened it carefully with a spare knife, her friends not paying attention to her at all.

Dear Emma,

I could no longer keep this information to myself any longer, I know you'd decided to shut off any negative thoughts about your relationship with the Headboy, but let them in. You are smarter than this Emma, I know you are. Everything that I am about to tell is the truth, but you must look for answers on your own. Go to the Restricted Section of the Library, look for the term Horcruxes. Tom isn't who you think he is.

A well wisher.

Emma eyebrows furrowed in confusion, she eyed everyone single person in the Great Hall.

Who could've written this letter?

Her eyes went to Ares, but she knew it wasn't him. Her eyes went to Aaron, it couldn't have been him either. It had to be someone who knew Tom.

Emma took her eyes that went toward the pale blond haired boy. Abraxas Malfoy.

It had to be him, who else?

Emma turned her head to her friends and noticed them gathering their things together

"Come on Em" Sophia said as the three Ravenclaws stood in front of her

Emma nodded quickly placing the letter in the bag and began rummaging through it.

"Bloody hell, I must have forgotten my Potions Textbook in the Ravenclaw Tower last night" Emma said aloud as they exited the Great Hall.

Nancy, Ares and Sophia all stopped walking "we will go with you" Nancy told her

"No it's okay, I'll see you guys there" Emma said as she assured them she will be fine. They all nodded and went on their merrily way. Emma turned towards the Ravenclaw Tower and stopped behind the pillar as she watched students exiting the Great Hall and towards their respective classes.