THIRTY THREE: 33 TURNS

PART TWO, THIRTY THREE: 33 TURNS

Everything will make sense soon, I promised you that. I didn't keep you in the dark because I didn't trust you, I did it because I love you and I didn't want to see you get hurt. You mean so much to me and hurts all the time that I had to lie to you.

It was two days later, and Eleanor's life changed in a blink of an eye.

The day before went smoothly, nothing happened, everything was fine. Both of her parents went to work, and came back like normal and they all had dinner as a family.

The next morning however, things happened. None of it made sense to Eleanor but she will understand in due time.

Tom Riddle had to go into work early, so the only two people who remained in the house was Emma and Eleanor. Her mother was currently writing in her journal as she muttered to herself, she looked as if she was rushing to get it done quickly. Next to her Eleanor was reading Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them for the billionth time.

The tap on the window startled them both as they were so focused at the tasks at hand. Her mother stood up, seeing the prophet tied to the Ministry bird, Emma tipped a Sickle and bird flew off.

Normally Emma never read the Daily Prophet, because it was full of "rubbish" but the headline caught her attention.

KILLED BY HOUSE ELF

Madam Hepzibah Smith, a pureblood witch who claimed to be descended from Helga Hufflepuff, and a avid collector of Magical Artifacts was found in her home in England dead. According to the Aurors Department in the Ministry of Magic, Smith house-elf Hokey who was very old and forgetful, claimed to have accidentally put poison into her mistress evening cocoa. The only two items that was missing from the home was Helga Hufflepuff's Golden Cup and Salazar Slytherin Locket.

Emma stopped reading immediately, her hand went straight to the Slytherin Locket that was placed around her neck. Tom had gotten his old job back at Borgin and Burkes, and went to go see Hepzibah Smith just two days ago, surely he had something to do with her death. Tom had gifted the Slytherin Locket for their first Christmas together, Emma knew it was a fake but then her mind cleared like clouds that shaded the sun and then drifted away. Everything clicked in her mind. She knew instantly what Tom was doing. He was making Horcruxes still.

Eleanor looked up from her book to look towards her mother who looked like she saw a ghost "You okay Mum? you look pale"

Emma head snapped towards her daughter, It was time.

"Get upstairs and pack, we need to go, now" Emma said placing the article down and quickly rushed upstairs. "What? Mum? whats going on?" Eleanor asked repeatedly not understanding what was going on.

She had never saw her mother like this, her mother was always calm and collected never this frantic and anxious woman.

"We have no time, come on, I will answer all of your questions soon, just go to your room and pack" Emma said hurriedly as Eleanor went towards her room and began to pack for a trip that her mother spontaneously wanted to take at the moment.

Emma rushed back downstairs and produced a Patronus to Dumbledore, he would know instantly what it would mean, Emma wasn't sure if she was ready to say goodbye, but she knew she had to at some point, she just didn't think that today was gonna be that day.