TWENTY SIX: A CALL FOR HELP

PART TWO, TWENTY SIX: A CALL FOR HELP

I knew I couldn't do it all on my own, which is why I trust Albus Dumbledore full heartily and I believe he will guide you in the right direction.

The prophecy was a wake up call, something was terribly wrong, it had been weeks she had been trying to decipher its hidden message.

Emma sat at her kitchen table tapping her quill furiously as she thought to herself hearing the words over and over again in a loop in her mind.

Emma didn't even realize that her tea had gone cold, or that the sun was just rising. Emma's cheek had kissed the table as she softly snored, her hands were blotted with day's old ink.

Emma barely slept, she was worried that Tom may come back and if her notes were correct, Tom was the Dark Lord that will return.

A loud bark entered her mind as Emma shifted in her seat in fright, Max had been her alarm clock these past few weeks.

Emma stood from her chair throwing her quill against the table, she sighed and rubbed her eyes.

"I have work" Emma said aloud to no one, as she made her way to her bathroom, she turned the faucet, the water turned cold than warm and instantly hot, Emma's finger's stunned at the scolding water and hissed as her fingertips turned red.

Emma placed her head under the shower head, letting the water calm her. and soothe her headache that was currently forming, Emma instantly felt relaxed.

Emma looked down to her stomach, a slight bump was taking place, she knew if she continued these restless nights, her baby would feel the aftermath.

"I'll take care of you I promise" she whispered as she finally felt she was awaken and turned the water off, stepping out and heading to her closet.

Emma opened those wooden doors to see her side completely filled with different fabrics and colors and the other side completely empty. It was like he was never here.

She grabbed a silk dark blue sleeved dress and pair of low heels.

She dressed quickly, she brushed out her bangs which covered her forehead the rest of her hair in curls, she noticed her hair becoming darker it almost looked as a darker blonde almost brown. Perhaps it was the lack of sun or the lighting in her bedroom.

She pinned her curls in a half up, as they were draped against her back, She exited her bedroom making her way to the kitchen, she drank her daily potion Doctor Nova gave her and put on the kettle, she made toast and took out her favorite jam she had gotten in Diagon.

She had poured Max his breakfast and water, she made sure his dog flap was working as well, as he he will be able to venture in and out of the house as much as he pleases throughout the day.

"Alright I'm off, I'll see you later Max" She said patting the dog's head and made her way to the floo

"Ministry of Magic"

|  |

Emma walked out of one of the multiple floo networks, the green fire emitting from under her feet. She walked out just like other employees heading for the elevators to go down to Basement Level 9. The Department of Mysteries.

Emma was an unspeakable, which is a witch or wizard that works in the Department of Mysteries. Little is known about her workspace, even more so their jobs alone. Employees of the Department of Mysteries were forbidden to speak of their jobs or any information about their department, hence the name "unspeakable"

Emma worked in various Departments, she helps uncover secrets of death, time, space, thought, prophecy hall and where she spent most of her time, the love chamber.

The room is behind a door that is locked at all times, you cannot even get in with a simple charm such as Alohomora, it is one of the most mysterious chamber in the Department, Emma liked working there because she had known love to be one of the most powerful forces in the universe.

For years they had been studying a way to duplicate magical protection such as self-sacrificial love.

Emma had a theory but it was dangerous one, she didn't share it with her co-workers but ever since hearing the prophecy of her child she had thought more on her theory on self-sacrificial love, it wasn't impossible.

Emma greeted her co-workers as she walked through the dark corridors, Emma headed for her office and began to work, but the thing was that she couldn't focus, not one bit.

All she could hear was the old seer's voice ringing in her ears, there was only one person she could trust with this information, and that was Albus Dumbledore.

Emma grabbed a blank parchment and wrote:

Dear Professor Dumbledore,

I had heard some troubling information that i think you will be interested in and I must share it with you, Whenever you have the time I would like to set up a meeting with you to speak on the matter, I hope you respond soon. Thank you.

Emma Swan

Emma stormed out of her office in search of an owl to deliver her message. She tied it to the owl's leg "Bring this to Hogwarts and give it to Professor Dumbledore only" she said, the owl hooted in understanding and flew off.

She prayed to merlin that Dumbledore will help her, she wasn't sure she could complete this task all on her own, she was going to need help.

She was afraid of what the future may come and she was going to do something about it even if it was the last thing she will ever do.