ONE

"We've got to do something," Brady announced, pacing around the Room of Requirement.

"He's already tried to kill all of us at least once," Victoire agreed, leaning back in her chair.

"And he managed to kill my sister," James added, stuffing his hands down in the pockets of his Gryffindor robes.

"Remember how my dad had the DA?" James continued after a moment.

"Of course. At least one of our parents were in it!" Callie responded, leaning into Teddy's arms.

"I say we form our own organization to fight Marvello," James suggested, already wanting to fight even though he was only in his first year. (A/N: I am aware that this is not how JKR spelled Marvolo! There's a purpose for this, just wait!)

Teddy and Callie exchanged a glance. They're the oldest- sixth years- and a couple so they believed that they had to protect all of the younger kids. (A/N: Teddy and Callie are not related! Callie is a Weasley with no relation to neither Tonks nor Remus!)

"If we say okay, you don't do anything without our approval, got it?" Callie said, looking at the younger teens.

James, Brady, and Victoire all nodded vehemently.

Callie looked up at Teddy, whose hair was currently a deep maroon color. He nodded, so Callie turned in his arms to face the others. "Okay."

James's face lit up. "So what's our name?"

"The Revengefuls?" Victoire suggested, scooting to the edge of her seat.

"He's the one that wants revenge. We're just fighting back," Brady pointed out, looking at his best friend.

"The Fighters, then?" James asked, looking between the others.

Callie and Teddy shrugged. "Sure. Why not?"

James grinned triumphantly. "Then it's settled. We should have meetings every so often to practice and discuss what we know."

"We can meet here every Friday, after supper," Teddy stated, arms tightening around Callie's waist.

Everyone else nodded. It's not like they had anything else to do on a Friday night besides homework.

Teddy and Callie stood, watching as the three of them filed out. Once they were all out, Callie turned back around in Teddy's arms.

"What are we gonna do?" Callie whispered as she buried her head in Teddy's shirt.

Teddy's arms tightened around her waist at the fear in her voice.

They'd been best friends since birth. In the sixteen years he had known her, he'd only heard fear in her voice a handful of times.

"Hey... remember that day last year, when you'd been so frightened about that Potions exam?"

Callie felt her cheeks redden at the thought of that day. "Yes..." she replied softly, wrapping her arms around his waist.

"How you were so close to having a panic attack in the middle of the Great Hall?" Teddy went on after a moment.

When Callie was silent, Teddy continued, "How I just walked right up and kissed you, in front of everyone?"

Callie laughed slightly, bringing her head back to look at him.

"I'd do anything for you, Cals. I promise I won't let anything happen to you," he murmured, moving a stray curl behind Callie's ear.

Callie smiled, putting a hand on his cheek. "I love you."

"And I love you," Teddy replied, his hair turning a soft pink color.
——
James and Brady were at the Gryffindor table the next morning, picking at their breakfasts.

Teddy, his hair back to its normal turquoise, strode into the Great Hall. He sat down beside Brady, not saying a word.

He remembered how close Brady and Daisy were before everything happened. He remembered how, even as a toddler, James looked up to Daisy.

And today, October 31, marked six years since that faithful day that started it all. Six years since Marvello had started trying to wreck havoc on their lives.

The boys ate in silence. That is, until Callie and Victoire came in.

Victoire is a Ravenclaw, but she would rather sit with her best friend.

Victoire took a seat beside Brady, while Callie took a seat beside Teddy, who snaked his arm around her waist.

"I'm sorry, James, Brady," Callie said quietly.

The boys nodded. "It's been six years..." James trailed off.

They were all quiet, remembering that day. They were all young, so the memory wasn't perfect, but it was there.

A Ravenclaw the same age as James came over and sat across from him. James recognized the girl as Blake Lyons, one of the smartest girls in their year.

Blake tossed her black hair behind her shoulder. "I'm sorry, James. I know what today is and I just want you to know that it does get better," she told him softly, blue eyes scanning his face.

"Thanks, Blake," James replied, glancing up at her.

They had a few classes together, but he hadn't really gotten a chance to get to know her.

Blake nodded and got up, going back over to the Ravenclaw table.

James finally got up, pushing his untouched plate away. "I've gotta go," he mumbled before taking off.

Callie sighed and put her head on Teddy's shoulder. "I don't understand why McGonagall wouldn't let him skip classes today," she muttered, glancing up at the staff's table.

"McGonagall knows he's going to carry on his granddad's legacy one day. She's not letting him get an easy start," Teddy replied, popping a grape in his mouth.

Callie chuckled. "Yeah, I reckon you're right."

"What was that? Can you repeat that?" Teddy said, laughing and nudging her with his shoulder.

Callie rolled her eyes with a smile before getting up. She kissed his cheek before saying, "Nope. See you later."

Teddy sighed playfully before pushing his own plate away and chasing after Callie, who's strawberry-blonde hair was bouncing in its ponytail.

Victoire got up, dragging Brady up with her. "C'mon. We're gonna be late to DADA."

Brady let himself be pulled along, too lost in memories of his childhood best friend to care that Victoire was stretching out the sleeves of his last good set of robes.

Marvello Riddle is going to pay, Brady thought before he was pushed into the DADA classroom.