TWENTY-NINE

It was quiet in the morgue of Saint Mungo's hospital. All one could hear was the hum of the dim lights, as well as the air conditioner, since morgues need to be cold.

That is, it was quiet until there was a loud clank from inside one of the slots, as if someone had tried to sit up but they hit their head. It wasn't long until the sound of someone sliding themselves out of the tiny slot in which their body was stored. Next came the sound of skin hitting the hard tile floor. Before finally, "Bloody hell! I'm naked!"

The man hurriedly grabbed the blanket that had been used to cover him up and wrapped it around himself like a cloak. He stood up quickly, though he fell right back down. He cursed before slowly pulling himself up. Walking quietly, he opened the door a tad to make sure no one was coming. Finding that the coast was clear, he ran in one direction, hoping it would get him out.

His breathing was heavy as his feet slapped against the tile. He looked in every direction, making sure he wasn't being followed and that he wouldn't run in to anyone.

He was relieved to find that one staircase spilled out into a familiar corridor. He realized where he was: Saint Mungo's Hospital.

Once he realized what floor he was on, he snuck his way to the exit. Once he had made it out, he tried his best to remain inconspicuous as he found an empty alley.

Once he was sure he was alone, he apparated. It took a toll on him, making him double over and empty the contents of his stomach. After he had recovered, he looked at the cottage in front of him. No lights were on, making him believe that no one was home.

He went in and found his way to his bedroom. He pulled on some trousers and a shirt, as well as shoes before he walked out of the room and out of the house.

Finally, he made his way to somewhere he figured everyone would be: The Burrow.
———
At the same time
Nicholas Flamel hurried to the device which would allow him to see if his spell worked. He watched eagerly as he seen Fred wake up, however it worried him when he realized that it was dark. Maybe it sent him to another dimension. Maybe it didn't work.

But then Fred pushed his way into light, making Flamel let out a yell of triumph. He had done it! He had found a way to resurrect the dead!

He quickly pulled out some parchment and a quill, writing a quick letter to Albus to let him know that it had worked. He told him to still send only those he felt truly deserved it, as he didn't yet know what the long term affects were or even if this was only temporary. This was still an experiment. Flamel only hoped it returned Fred to the living world until his body died from natural causes, as that was what he had intended the spell to do.

He gave the letter to a small tawny owl, who eagerly flew away to find Dumbledore. If this worked, it would change magic forever.
———
Earlier
Elle still did not want to accept the fact that Fred was dead. She and Brady made their way to the Burrow, where Sirius had agreed to meet them with the other children.

She and Molly collapsed into each other's arms as soon as they laid eyes on one another.

They cried, not saying anything as they held each other.

Finally, they recovered and went about their business as if nothing had happened. Elle helped Molly with what she could in the kitchen before Molly insisted upon her going into the living room to be with the children.

Elle went in there to find her children huddled together on the couch, each one holding each other. She joined them, wrapping her arms around Josie and Dylan. She allowed her children to cry without a word. She knew they needed it; it wouldn't do any good to bottle it all up.

"Your father loves you all very much. You were his world," Elle whispered in their ears, hoping to provide some comfort.

"Hello?" Came a voice from the back of the house. It sounded so much like him. Must be George, Elle thought sadly.

And then he was standing in the doorway of the living room.

"Hey, Georgie," Elle said, her voice raw as she looked from him, back to her children.

What she didn't notice was that this twin had both ears.

"Elle?" Fred asked, horrified that his family was this state over him. Normally Elle would've been able to tell the difference between their voices, the sound of their footfalls, everything.

Elle looked up to him again. This time she noticed. She seen both ears, the golden flecks in his eyes. She kept her eyes trained on his as she stood up and put her hand on his cheek. "Is... is it really you?"

The look in his eyes was enough; the way he looked at her was enough.

Fred Weasley has come back to life.