THIRTY-TWO

Readjusting to life back at Hogwarts was hard for Reese and Brady. They had to consistently remind themselves to act depressed; as far as anyone knew, their father had been killed by Marvello.

They had to accept constant apologies and condolences for the loss of their father, especially from the professors who weren't aware of the situation.

They told everyone that their mother had moved with their siblings somewhere else in the country, because the constant reminders of Fred were too much for her and their younger siblings. When asked where, they replied that they weren't sure because they hadn't been yet.

If any other questions were asked, they were to ignore them.

They kept their heads down for months, not wanting to attract any attention to be drawn to them. They had been told to keep a low profile, so they did. They stuck to their friends, not talking very much to anyone else. To anyone who didn't know them, it just looked like they were depressed because of the death of their father.
———
It was the second day of May. They shouldn't have been surprised when they received word of an attack on Hogwarts. If Marvello is trying to be like his father, of course he would plan his attack on the same day of the original battle, and at the same location.

Many of the students had anticipated as much, so they didn't sleep. That was a smart decision, especially considering that they immediately abandoned their common rooms, even the Slytherins, to go fight. Professor McGonagall issued the command for those in fourth year and younger to hide in the Room of Requirement before she informed the Order of the situation.

In no time, the castle was booming with chaos. People of all ages ran the halls, going to where they were most needed.

Every child of the Weasley/Black/Potter/Malfoy line who were old enough to fight knew what they would have to do. They had discussed it many times, just in case this ever happened.

They would have to surround Marvello. They would have to end this. If they didn't, who knows how much longer this could go on and how many more lives would be lost.

It wasn't long before the castle was swarming with members of the order, all of whom were running around to keep the Marvello and his followers out for as long as possible, so that McGonagall had time to prepare the castle.

Elle had refused to let Fred leave her side. She really hasn't wanted him to come, but he of course protested, and so here he was.

It reminded him far too much of the Battle of Hogwarts all those years ago. Elle fought all thoughts of the past, as she knew she couldn't afford to think of all they had been through. They just had to get through this, and then it would all hopefully be over.

James, Dominique, Brady, Reese, Callie, Teddy, and Victoire all managed to meet in a corridor that was not occupied. "We've got to stay together if we want our plan to work," Victoire said, looking around at everyone.

"You're right. We have to stay together until Marvello does what Voldemort did and calls us to the Black Forest. Once he does that, we can all surround him and his followers," Callie added as she took Teddy's hand.

"We'll have the element of surprise. Marvello will be expecting us from the direction of the castle, so we can sneak a large circle around him. He won't know we're coming until it's too late," Brady stated, eyes dark with determination as he looked around at everyone.

James nodded at Brady, silently telling him he was going to go find Blake. He was the youngest that was allowed to stay, and Blake was his best friend so he had to make sure she was safe.

Everyone followed James, determined to stay together. When James finally found Blake, who's black hair was billowing out behind her as she faced the wind, watching for any sign of Marvello or his followers, everyone went to a small area under the Quidditch Pitch bleachers, where they could watch and would be hidden until it was time to go to the Forbidden Forest.

It wasn't long until shadows were seen emerging from the Forbidden Forest and watching the castle, looking similar to a predator waiting to pounce on its prey. The battle had begun.
———
So sorry this is so short and that it took so much time to publish! I was trying to figure out a good way to end this book, since next chapter is the last, followed by the epilogue! Thank you so much for reading!

-Drew