Chapter 15

You decided you wanted to go back home, to Miyagi where you could relax. It was hard to be without OIkawa honestly, the random visits and incessant affection and love he gave you. But, you were hurting from what he had said, you didn't want to feel the same ache. You had been in that position before, losing something you wanted forever, which tore you apart. You needed to take a break from everything, even if it was just for a little bit. By a little bit you meant the two week spring break that was in-between semesters. It had been a good month since you had talked to Oikawa.

You sighed, before making your way down the hillside to a stream, your favorite place to be exact. The stream ran through the hills, with water that was usually chilly and clear. It was barely four feet deep, but enough for you to wade into the water and relax. Beside the stream rested a massive tree with a tire hung to a branch that swayed over the water. It was your perfect place and it always had been.

Once you got to the water, you took a seat on the tire, before watching the water run its course. A few minutes later you heard footsteps, and a sigh, one you recognized. It was Iwaizumi.

"What are you doing here?" You asked, turning to see the male walking over to you.

"This just happens to be Oikawa's favorite place, mine too." You raised an eyebrow at him, before he chuckled, taking a step into the water.

"That tire you're sitting on is property of Oikawa, he dragged me out here one day to put it up during summer, and it's been our favorite place to relax since."

"Really?"

"Yeah, check the engraving on the tree, you'll see our intials."

You looked over, seeing both their initials childishly carved into the tree, you have never noticed it before. You smiled, before looking back at the male.

"I'm sorry."

"For what?" He asked, raising an eyebrow as you started swinging.

"For letting my break up with Oikawa get between us."

"It hasn't really, you just haven't been in a mood to talk, and I get that."

"But you shouldn't need to get that, you're one of my best friends and I don't know what I would do without you. So I'm sorry."

"You're hurting, but you're good at hiding it." He said, switching the topic onto you.

"I just don't want people to see me not happy." You interjected, knitting your eyebrows together, before you slid off the tire and joined him in the stream.

"Hey, I live with you, you're human, you're allowed to hurt. It's funny Oikawa thinks the same thing. What happened between you tore him up. He hasn't really left his dorm room since."

"I didn't mean to lash out at him back, I was just hurt." You said softly, staring at your feet.

"I know, and what he did say was cruel, but he was only saying it out of his own pain and insecurities. He knows you can move on, and you know he can too, you're both very attractive people. The difference is will that person you move on to, be better than him? You understand him better than he understands himself. And he knows what brings you down, so he uses it to lift you up, or annoy you. And in this case he brought you down though."

You sighed, before putting a hand in the water and letting the coldness hit your skin.

"Yeah right, it's not like I could be good enough for anybody else, let alone him." You said, with a sigh.

"You know, on the outside you're beautiful ,honestly one of the most attractive girls I've ever met. But you have all this hurt inside, and it's tearing you apart because you want to appear happy. One day we were in class and our professor asked us how much the glass of water weighed. And people said things like 4 or 5 ounces, but he said think about it again. The longer you hold it, the heavier it gets, until you can't handle it anymore. You're doing the same thing, and I don't want to see you reach that breaking point. I'm here for you, and despite how much you hate to say it, so is Oikawa. That idiot loves you, and that's hard to say since he's screwed with so many girls."