Chapter 17

You woke up to Iwaizumi's voice softly awakening you from your sleep. "Hey sleepy head, I'm getting ready to go to Oikawa's game, you coming?" He asked. You blinked repeatedly before your eyes focused on his face. Your chest hurt slightly, but you figured it was from missing the chocolate haired male for so long.

"Yeah, let me get up." You said, crawling out of bed, before sighing and looking up at your room mate.

"You ready to see him again? But let me warn you first, he is not the same person you left last year, he's different, not as happy and more fake." Iwaizumi said, moving out of the room as you shuffled through your closet searching for something to wear.

You went to reply before you unconsciously lifted the hem of your shirt, revealing a large purple-red bite on your hip. "Woah, what happened?" Iwaizumi asked, looking at the severity of the bite. "I got bit in Australia, I don't know by what or how, but I'll be fine. Can you make me some breakfast? I'll be out in like 5 minutes?" You said, looking over at the spiky haired male hopefully. "Yeah of course, but for real, get that checked out. I'll just heat up the food I made earlier." He then disappeared out of the room before you shut the door and quickly changed, a million thoughts running through your head. You stepped out of your room, Iwaizumi looked up at you from the kitchen, putting your breakfast on a plate.

"Wow, I forgot how pretty you are."

"Well thanks for the self esteem booster Hajime."

"Anytime." He said with a chuckle as you made your way to the breakfast plate, nibbling on the bread.
"I'm sort of scared to see Tooru." You said softly, quickly engulfing your breakfast.

"It's understandable." He said, beginning to clean up the kitchen, "but you have nothing to worry about. I'm happy you're back roomie, I hate eating alone and I miss hearing your obnoxious laugh."

You looked up from your food, before finishing your food. "Geez, I forget how nice you are." You said jokingly, cleaning off your plate.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm the nicest person you know, now go brush your teeth, I want to get front seating." He urged you away putting your phone on the counter before you quickly finished up in the bathroom.

Once you got to Oikawa's college gym you wandered into the seating area, taking a place in the front row, opposite of the home team's sidelines. You watched as the opposing team served, by the look of the match so far, it was a pretty fair game. Iwaizumi sat next to you, watching as Oikawa led his team through countless points, however there were two things missing from his technique. Heart and passion. Everything else seemed to be there except for some minor errors, but he didn't play as vivaciously as he used to. However, soon after, his sets started getting sloppier from his usual play , and you could tell he was covering up for his knee. With every step he took, his knee slightly buckled despite the knee brace he was wearing.

"He's hurting, and his heart isn't in the game." You whispered to Iwaizumi, who nodded his head. "It's been like this since you left, I told you he hasn't been the same. It's sad to watch him and think he used to be a different player, one who actually loved the game and played his heart out. He's been overworking himself to exhaustion again, and his knee has started to become worse." He whispered back to you, leaning to watch as he received a tricky ball, sending it to the front.

As if he heard, Oikawa turned and his eyes landed on you, growing massive before his chocolate orbs became cloudy. His gaze lingered before he looked away, chest heaving. He went to set another ball, but it was off. Then the three sets after that were just as bad. With every set he grew more frustrated, before he shook his head and called to the coach for a substitute.