Chapter 28

I came back home from college and realized I had done you guys a disservice by not giving you guys closure. Here it is, the final chapter, after over a year of waiting it's arrived. Merry christmas to all my sweet readers and I hope you guys have been absolutely amazing <3
——————————————————————
         Thereafter, you rebuilt your relationship. This time on the foundation of the love for each other that had always been apart of both your souls, however it simply wasn't expressed in the right way until recently. And well let's be honest, it is indeed true that girls mature fastest than boy. With time Oikawa became better at keeping his head out of his ass. He truly became the person you envisioned he would be. And well, Iwa couldn't have been happier to have witnessed his best friend transform into someone he could actually stand for prolonged periods of time.

        "Hajime," you said softly, as you heard him lean against the side of the door frame staring at you. He looked at you, with the sincerest of smiles plastered onto his face. "This is it, this is the day he's been waiting for," he spoke softly, eyes settling on the white gown you were wearing with small gems that glowed against your skin. "Hey, it's the day I never thought would come." You chirped, smiling at him as he took your hand and brought you closer to him. Both your eyes locked and there was a mutual understanding, something that only Iwa and you could interpret. "I never thought he'd get past the friend zone stage, and now we're here," he said as his hands enveloped yours.

"All those years ago, I would have never seen it coming." You said softly. Within the seconds after you finished your last word, a girl with light brown hair and gorgeous hazel eyes came tumbling in the room. She stumbled into the doorway, holding a peach dress in her hands, with a semi-shy smile on her face.

        "Look who's always so graceful, you really chose a great maid of honor." Iwa said to you, raising an eyebrow as he half smiled watching the girl.

        "Hey, " You said, crossing your arms over you chest and releasing his hands, " She may be my best friends, but that's YOUR fiancee."

        The light brown haired beauty smiled meekly, eyes glowing as she watched her best friends argue with each other about her lack of grace. "Shhh both of you, we have a more important matter on our hands, Tooru lost his sheet that had all of his vows."

        Both you and Iwa looked at each other and sighed, of course, what else would you expect from the brain haired boy. "Well, he's got about an hour to find them, we're supposed to be getting married." You said, turning as you tried to adjust your dress and fix the nonexistent knots in your hair. "I'm going to go help him find it," Hajime said, planting a kiss on your forehead before heading to walk out of the door, then planting another kiss on his fiancee's head as well.

        Then, the moment came, when everything you had gone through for the past years with Oikawa reached it's climax. Oikawa waited at the altar, turned towards the large pillars that separated him and his future bride, you. The music softly played in the background as you walked down the aisle, sunlight radiating on your dress, creating a white fiery glow in the eyes of the audience. Small cherry blossom petals blew off of the trees a couple yards away, falling onto your hair with gentle delicacy.

        You couldn't help but notice the way his eyes glowed as he took in the remarkableness you were, it was beyond his wildest dreams. You brushed small strands of hair out of your face, taking your place next to him. And with that you could see watery drops forming at the corner of his eyes. The officiant smiled at both of you, and Oikawa took both of your hands. You filtered out a good portion of the officiant's speech, too caught up in the chocolate glow of Tooru's eyes that looked striking against his suit. He indeed only got more handsome with time. What a win.

        Then it came to the part where vows were supposed to be said, and you looked at Oikawa, who frantically searched his pockets for his paper. Nothing. You shook your head, this was a semi-important day and he simply lost something you both had spent weeks working on. He gave the audience a coy smile then said ,"Well it seems that I've lost my sheet of paper with my vows on it. I'll simply start from scratch and say it from the heart,"

        "(F/N), I have no words to describe how incredible you are. You're kind. You're patient. You're hilarious. You're smart yet you lack common sense frequently. Your laugh is contagious and you can end my life with one roast. You acknowledge my strengths and accept my faults. You make me a better person every day. Instead of saying today, I vow to honor you and respect you, support you and encourage you, I've made this vow to myself since you walked into my life and tore my ego apart. You helped me find the best parts of myself, giving criticism where it was needed while giving a steady supply of love to patch up the really shitty parts. But, here on out, I promise to dream with you, celebrate with you, and walk beside you through whatever life brings. I vow to laugh with you and comfort you during times of joy and times of sorrow. I promise to always pursue you, to fight for you, and love you unconditionally and wholeheartedly for the rest of my life."

        And that was it, it was the beginning of your new life with the boy you've been in love with for a long time. Although it was probably the most trying relationship you'd ever been in, scratch that it was most definitely the most trying relationship you'd been in.  It was the one that tested your patience, your trust, cultivated your knowledge about the darkest parts of yourself, and for once, it actually made you feel something that you had yet to before. To learn how to love someone unconditionally, to forgive, to be patient and understanding, that was the greatest lesson of all.

        Oikawa reached out his hand to you, as the song played over the speakers in the reception area. You interlocked fingers, before he then put his hands on your waist as you wrapped his arms around your neck. He placed a gentle kiss on your forehead before saying, "So am I just like every other guy huh? With looks that don't make up for a trashy personality?". You laughed shoving him away before he pulled you back to him. "Yeah you're right let me go find a new husband. And also, you never really lost your sheet did you?"

        The brunette shook his head, "Nope. I memorized it to try and make myself look cooler," You sighed, shaking your head.

      He chuckled at his own goofiness , "I love you, and thank you for breaking my perfect face." He gently caressed the side of your cheek with his hand, before giving you a smile, eyes glowing brighter than they ever had been.