Chapter 24

What was there left for you to say? You couldn't bring yourself to look at Oikawa,you inadvertently would escape eye contact with him. You knew he knew something was up.

Inside of him, it was a swirling storm. He knew you would fall for Iwa eventually, anyone would. He was a genuinely good guy with great intentions. He would never hurt you on purpose, or make you jealous. He would have waited for you to come back from Australia. Because those were all things Oikawa hadn't done. He wanted to patch that hole with someone new, someone better, but he realized there was no one better. There was just you, the greatest girl to ever walk the planet. The only human he knew to understand him better than he could probably understand himself. Why had he been so stupid? Every time he looked at you now his heart ached. The angering part was that it kept leading back to the perfect mask he wore. All his actions were filtered through it, not his true heart. Which is why most of the things he had genuinely done through his heart, were the things that captured yours. However, he didn't know how to get that back again. It was a constant fight for him to overcome that mask he had worn forever. He needed you to work with him, to chip it away again piece by piece. Carving something that delicate and precise like he had was a talent he prided himself in usually, except it was the opposite in this moment in time.

Only he knew you did the same thing. You hid your deeper, innermost feelings under a carefully articulated mask, with the fear of not being good enough looming over your heart. He knew right now you were probably wondering why you weren't good enough for him not to date anyone else. He wished more than anything he would have tried to hinder that impulse that led him to date other people.

Oikawa groaned, his stomach suddenly hurting him. He watched as you disappeared with Iwaizumi down the hall, both of you laughing as you hid the kitten.

Why was love so stinking difficult? It should be like the movies, the boy and girl eventually fall in love then live happily ever after. But the movies forget all the difficult stuff in between. No movie would have prepared him fro you to move to Australia, nor for you to become extremely sick when you came back. All these romance and cheesy things he took part in did not help contribute to any of the things he needed to repair the relationship.

Why had there been so many different fights between the both of you? Why couldn't it have been smooth sailing? He grew even more frustrated every time he thought about it. He just wanted to be with you again. The place he could always go to be himself, the place where he could tell his stories no matter how petty they were. You meant so much to him, yet he totally screwed up every chance he got.

"Pirate." you said softly, as the kitten opened up his eye, before crawling closer to you and Iwaizumi. You both sat on the bed with your legs crossed as you watched T.V. You missed afternoons with him where you could relax and do nothing but talk.

"Hey so I've been thinking." Iwaizumi said softly, you noticed the serious tone in his voice which immediately alerted your attention.

"I know we have an apartment and all, but our senior year is coming up. Don't you think we should get a house? I mean it would be bigger and we could get a dog too, because frankly I would love a dog." He said with a childish interest that made your heart warm. You began giggling repeatedly, before bursting out into laughter.

"Hey! I mean we don't have to if you don't want to. It was just an idea."

You shook your head, suppressing your laughter. "Of course I'd love to do it. You've been saving up money to actually do that sort of thing, just because I want a dog too." You said softly, watching as Iwaizumi's eyes lit up.

"We're getting a house!" You started singing, jumping on the mattress. Iwa reached down and picked up Pirate, gently lifting his paws into the air, while jumping up and down on the bed with you.

"We're getting a house." He repeated, following your lead. You giggled, before jumping off the bed, sprinting through the house. Iwa, even though he felt ridiculous, followed, mimicking your every movement. You sported a huge grin on your face as you leapt from one couch cushion to the next.

Moments like these you wish you'd spend with Oikawa, but for him it would have felt forced, however everything you did with Iwaizumi felt so natural that it was terrifying.