nine

"She knows I'm out of control."
-Dirty Laundry, blackbear
________________________________

After my final class, I hurry out of the classroom and quickly head to my dorm. I throw my bag into the corner and stand in front of my mirror, run a brush through my hair and sigh heavily. That'll have to do.

Let's hope your boyfriend knows what he's signing up for, the voice says mockingly.

I shake my head to scare away the voice, and slip out of my room, making sure to close my door behind me. I hurry down the staircase, hand on the polished banister, and head out the front entrance when I reach the foyer.

Jasper is waiting there, hands in the pockets of his black denim jacket, the late afternoon breeze ruffling his blond hair. I suddenly feel self-conscious in my jacket, jeans and converse. But when he sees me, a flawless smile flashes across his face.

"You made it," he says, as if ditching was even an option for me. In fact, I'm more surprised that he turned up.

"I said I would, wouldn't I?"

He smiles and nods, before he begins walking around the back of the school, me following at his side.

The sun is out, which is odd for autumn, but I'm not complaining. It feels good to have its warm rays heating the small parts of my skin that are exposed. We approach the side of the school, a large hedge creating a narrow alley between it and the wall. Jasper turns around and holds out his hand. I hesitate, staring down at it for a moment, before I smile and take it.

It's warm, which conflicts with his colder blue eyes, and just the sensation of our fingers interlocked makes my heart flutter.

He leads in front, towing me along behind. "You know, they teach you at school not to walk off with strangers," he reminds, staring straight ahead.

"What's the worst you can do?" I reply as he stops in place and turns to me. A shadow casts over us from the huge wall of the building, and as I look behind him, it's about another twenty metres or so until we reach the back of the school.

He inches in front of me and gradually pins me to the wall, taking the breath out of me. My heart is beating so quickly I can feel it in my throat. Jasper presses his hands to the bricks behind me, caging me in with no escape, especially with his body slowly creeping against mine.

The breeze smooths over his blond hair, stroking each strand and shiny lock. Our faces are so close to touching that all I want to do is close the gap, but any bit of self-control I have left restrains me.

Jasper smirks down at me, letting his eyes trail over my lips. He bites his own lip with his top teeth, and this sends my heart and mind into overdrive. "What's the worst thing I can do?" he purrs.

"You could chain me to a tree and leave me to starve," I murmur, and he chuckles.

"I can do worse than that."

"You could kill me, chop up my remains, and feed them to the Mr Jefferson's cat."

Jasper laughs, the tip of his nose touching the side of my face and then running down my skin to my neck. He doesn't make contact with his lips, and it's driving me crazy.

Crazier?

And not even the voice's snide comments can make this any less intense. I close my eyes as he murmurs into my neck, "Worse."

He breathes in my scent, his breath warming my neck and then my entire body. "You could kiss me."

I can feel him smirk into my neck, chuckling darkly, before he slowly whispers into my ear, "I could. But I'm not letting you win that easy."