Chapter 1

"Welcome to the crying game where you lose your soul, where it ain't no easy cash, you got to use the toll" - Nicki Minaj

Crash! Crack! Boom! Thump!

"Baby I'm sorry stopp!! Just .. just shhhh your going to wake .. ..."

"Fuck them!"

Boom!

What the hell?

"Mommy Mommy!!! Wake up!" whispered my baby girl Luna. Crap , I rolled my eyes because I already knew what was going down. Its the same shit that goes down every time rent is due.

I rolled over to see Luna with red eyes and trembling puffy pink cheeks. She was holding Mr. Snuggles, the last thing her father ever gave her, really tight and squeezed him even harder while standing by the edge of my bed.

"Is he here?" I asked as I watched the tears fall down her eyes. Man I hate when she has to see this bullshit.

I rolled over and grabbed my phone. The lock screen read 4:31am. It was entirely too damn early for the extraness. But I'm with the shits.

I rolled out of bed and prepared to do the normal routine.

"Luna lock yourself in the club house (This is our way of saying the closet. She's in this damn thing so much its pretty much her little castle) and do not come out. Here grab my phone. If I don't come back , you know who to call. I love you. " I said while putting her in the closet and giving her my phone , bible, and her blanket.

"I love you too mommy. " She said while snuggling up in the corner.

Luna is only four, but she knows better. She has my pretty brown eyes and naturally flowing brown hair. It really pisses me off that I have to prepare her for this bull.....

Smack!!

Making sure the closet was locked first, I ran down the apartment stairs to see this mystery guy hitting on my mom. Another day another nigga. Here we go.

"Get your fucking hands off her!" said while grabbing the kitchen knife.

"Angie chill, baby its okay, calm down" she said while wiping the blood off her lip and trying to get out off his throat hold. I could tell she was loosing air, fairly quickly.

He only wore boxers and she only wore a big shirt which was probably his. She already had two black eyes and a blue bruise on her neck.

I examined her limp body with tears in my eyes. But I knew that for her, I had to be strong.

"Ya Lil mama chill , ain't nobody hurting this bihh!" he said while choking her a little harder and licking his lips. Sick bastard.

I'm sick and tired of this bruh I swear on my mama. He finna get these damn hands.

"You know what! Get the hell out of my house!" I said while throwing pots, pans, glasses, and knives, hell anything that I could get my hands on at this point.

"Ouch , Bruh , Stopp , Okay Okay !!" he said while running towards the door. Before he closed it he said "But watch your back baby." Then ended it all by slamming the apartment door.

"Angelina .... " mom said with tears in her eyes while attempting to cover up her scars.

"Yes , your welcome. You don't have to thank me." I replied while grabbing the broom to clean up all this mess that she caused once again.

Just because my mama get beat up like that does not mean I do. I refuse with a burning passion to never let a nigga hit on me. Ever. Period. That will be the day hell freezes over.