Chapter One

All the chapter's are in Thea's P.O.V. unless I switched it up. If it goes from Thea's to another characters, or another characters POV back to Thea's, I'll write it up top.

__________

I stare out the open window, its soft breeze blows the tendrils of hair that fell out of my pony tail. The busy street buzzes with cars as they pass by the corner stores and the people moseying down the street. I sigh as I grab the pen off the counter and start to tap it against the counter, a little habit I formed when I was bored. The many windows of the store let sunshine flow through, brightening up the place even more than the flowers held here.

The ringing of the bell on the door brings me out of my daze as I grab the notepad under the counter to write down the order of the customer. I didn't look up because I was ready to write but I still put on a smile as I spoke.

"Hello, I'm Thea, what can I get for you?"

"Well, hello Thea." That deep voice made my head snap up to see who it belongs to. My smile gets wide as I drop the pen and note pad and head around the counter.

"Carter!" I squeal as I open my arms up to my older brother and hug him tightly. He wraps his large arms around my small frame and picks me up and spins me around, making me laugh like a child.

"It's been too long! How have you been? Where is Lily? And Aaron?" A small smile graces his features as he lets out a chuckle.

"Calm down Red, I'm well, Lily and Aaron are at Mum's house making cookies for us when we get home, but don't say anything it's supposed to be a surprise." I nod as I walk around the counter to pick up my pen and pad. I write down order before typing it into the computer and head to the fridge to grab the flowers.

"Hey, how do you know what I wanted, and if I wanted any flowers?" Carter said with a pointed look, which makes me roll my eyes.

"Every time you visit you always, without fail, get Lily flowers and you always choose her favorite. Every. Single. Time." I give him a pointed look as I grab the yellow roses, white daisies, white and gold daffodils, and some tickseeds. Carter just rolls his eyes and stands like I was taking twelve years to finish the arrangement. He starts tapping his foot, which irritates me to no end. I groan and throw a water bottle that was laying around at his face so he would stop being annoying.

He gasps as the water bottle hits I'm right in the face, and I do a little victory dance at my aim. Still the best aim. He shakes his head at my antics and just grabs some cash out of his wallet before opening the register himself and setting it in there. I wrap up the beautiful flowers and add a packet of our secret formula that keeps already cut flowers growing and staying alive for more than three weeks after they fully bloom. Ms. Margret, the store owner, and I had perfected it eight years ago when I first started working here my freshman year of high school.

I set the flowers in the crook of my arm as I lock up the store and shut it's lights off. I shove the key in my pocket before looking up at Carter and smiling. I hand him the beautiful bouquet and I head to my beloved motorcycle.

"You're going to hurt yourself one day Red, mark my words." I sigh and shake my head, over protective older brothers.

I start my motorcycle and rev it up to annoy Carter, and I hear his car horn honk and smile, letting out a short laugh. Kicking up that stand, I speed off towards Mum's house. Each turn I make I can picture Carter's grimacing face and I smile to myself, even though no one sees my face, which is covered by a helmet. The house was only five minutes away from my work, which is how I found it freshman year.

We finally arrive and little Aaron throws open the door and runs down the driveway, and throws his small arms around me. I still had my helmet on because he got out here so quickly. I laugh and throw the helmet on the ground before throwing my arms around the small tot and swing him around. His laughter fills the quiet street, and love blooms in my heart.

"Hey squirt, how have you been? Still causing mayhem?" He gives me a cheeky smile before answering with drawn out 'no', but his facial expression gave away that he really was a little mischief maker. I swing his small body onto my back, grabbing his legs so I am holding his tiny frame on mine. He giggles and jumps around, which makes my body shake.

I shimmy through the open doorway, not dropping Aaron, and making sure he doesn't hit anything. I pop him down and he makes a dash for his mum, Lily.

"Thea! It's been too long! How was work?" Smiling, I hug her, squeezing her tightly. She smacks my back as if I was suffocating her.

"Too. Tight," I laugh and let her go, and she shakes her body out as if she was just confined for a long time and was finally released. Leaning in, she whispers in my ear.

"Don't want to hurt the baby," she rests a hand on her flat stomach and I squeal. I'm not a fan of kids, actually I despise the evil munchkins, but I fell in love with Aaron, and I hope this child is just as much fun. She put her finger to her lips, so I guess she hasn't told Carter yet.

We walk into the kitchen, which smells amazing, and she hands me a large cookie. It was about three times the size of the others. She knows me too well. I shove the cookie in my mouth, 'like a real lady' my mum would say.

"You and your food Thea. I honestly don't know how you are so fit but eat like a pregnant water buffalo." I let out a laugh, making some cookie crumbs fly from my mouth. Lily makes a gagging noise and joins in the laughter.

"What is all this racket-Thea you're finally here. Well that explains the noise." I roll my eyes as she gives me a cheeky smile and comes over to hug me.

"How's work? And the new apartment I heard you bought," I give her a smile, I was busted. I didn't tell her I moved back into town, I was going to surprise her, but this town has a serious gossip problem. She didn't look mad that I hadn't told her, she is probably just happy I am living near her.

I turn to the counter and grab three more cookies, because why not? I quickly finished them and headed to the living room where everyone is relaxing. Carter had about twelve DVD's in his hands, an expression of pure annoyance plastered on his face.

"Which one? Just choose please guys," he wines as Lily's smirk grows. She sighs as she taps her finger to her head and bites her lip as if she's in deep thought. Carter groans and is about to throw the DVDs down as I interrupt.

"How about Red, or Taken maybe?" I know those are favorites of everyone and when Carter gets annoyed we all know he'll be a party pooper. Lily's smile fades as she didn't get to torture her husband as much as she wished.

"Thea to the rescue, as always," I give them a small smirk with a shrug of the shoulders, and a little hair flip because why not? They all laugh at my antics before returning to one of the best movies ever, Red. We sit in comfortable silence as we all watch the movie, and even Aaron enjoys it.