Chapter Five

I gulp as I move to grab the notepad. Not many people come two days in a row, especially people who are new comers. Flicking my eyes back to his chocolate ones, neither of us moves.

"Same as yesterday?" He shakes his head no, and I nod.

"You know it's very unprofessional to bring your boyfriend to work, especially on duty, and to show PDA." I glare at him, making assumptions much?

"Excuse me sir, but you're speaking of me being unprofessional while you go and make assumptions and criticize me of my personal life? One, he is my friend. Two, I was comforting him because of personal reasons. Now, if you could be professional and tell me as to what arrangement you would want, and butt out of my personal business that would be fantastic." I snap, and his eyes are wide at me, which gave me utter satisfaction.

I've been know to have a smart mouth, strong tongue, and little patience. Which is a very bad match. He clears his throat, before nodding, and looking around.

"I would like some of these yellow thingies and these in red." I follow him writing it down, sunflowers and red roses. I nod and head back to the counter to count up his total.

"But, I want 36 dozen." My mouth fell to the ground, 36 dozen? That's so much money and flowers.

"Okay, how would you like to get these, and you are aware the sunflowers are not doing well this year, so they are a bit more expensive," he nods and waves his hand as if it was not putting a dent in his pocket.

"Okay sir, how would you like to receive these? Delivered to your home, or pick up in store?"

"Deliver them to my home please, I will stop by and leave the address and name later, but I would like you to do that job, nobody else." I gulp. Why me? His presence made me nervous, and not many people have that effect on me.

"You seem to have a genuine love for flowers, so I know you will take care of them perfectly," He gives me a beautiful smile, and my knees almost go weak. How can one person be so gorgeous?

"Thank you, that means a lot," I give him a large smile in return, which he nods before turning towards the exit.

"Wait sir!" He stops and gives me a glance, confused by me stopping him. "Would you like to pay for the flowers now, or when they come?" He thinks for a moment before he answers me.

"I will pay for them when they come." I nod and give him a smile, before thanking him for his generous purchase. He smiles and nods before heading out. Ms. Margret comes out from the back with Damon, who has a smirk on his face. What changed his mood? He wiggles his eyebrows at me and I give him a confused glance.

"Why are you being a weirdo?" He laughs before answering me.

"I saw the way you looked at him, you have a crush!" He drags the word 'crush' out and all I do is roll my eyes.

"Yeah of course I looked at him like that, he looks like a Greek god, as if he was sculpted from granite!" Damon just laughs at me, and Ms. Margret nods her head. At least someone understands. I roll my eyes before shoving him.

"I'll see you tonight, are you coming to it?" He nods, but he doesn't look happy. I didn't say fight, because if Ms. Margret knew my side gig, she would never get off my case about safety and how dangerous it is.

"Is Bri coming to watch?" He gets all nervous as he asks, and he starts twiddling his thumbs. I nod, and he looks sad, and guilty.

"One of you two will have to spill the beans to me because I'm very confused." He shakes his head, but looks away, well I guess Bri will have to spill the beans.

"Who even says that anymore, what are you, seventy-five?"

"No but I wish, they had style back when they were our age, and had catchy phrases." Ms. Margret laughs at me, while Damon rolls his eyes. He has an attitude, so I go up and smack his arm.

"Don't you roll your eyes at me," I snap, but only in a playful manner.

"Ouch, woman, you are going to break my bones!" I laugh, I didn't even hit him hard, what a weenie. He doesn't laugh, but rubs his arm.

"Thea, you can have the rest of the day off, looks like you have some reuniting to do." I put my hand up and shake my head.

"Oh no, there's only a couple more hours, I can't make you do that." No way was I having her take her time to do my job.

"Seriously hun, it's okay. You basically own this shop the only reason I do is because my names on it, and you're here all the time. Have some free time." I hug her, whispering a 'thank you' in her ear. She whispers 'of course' back before Damon and I head home. Once we arrive, I know Bri will be angry Damon is with me, but they have some explaining to do.

I reach the top of the stairs, and I hear yelling from my apartment. Oh my. She found my movie collection. I swear that girl has watched every movie out there.

"Hey! Shoot him you incompetent swine!" I laugh at her antics, which she realizes we're here and turns the volume down before pausing it. She glares at Damon and then back to me.

"Why is he here?" I roll my eyes, what are we, five? We've been best friends since diapers and they can't even look at each other.

"Okay, enough. Explain yourselves, and please act your age, which is not five." They both glare at me, someone has to be honest around here.

"Well, while you were at college in Boston, and Damon and I were in California, we, um, kind of started to date. It was going really well, at least for awhile. Or at least until he left me high and dry with out notice."

"I hear me out Bri. I tried to explain but you wouldn't listen. I got a huge gig in the NYC, which would only have taken a couple days to a week, and I was going to come back and surprise you with a trip to New York like you always wanted, and then we would go to the event where they had my services, which was the Presidential ball." Bri's eyes widen, and so did mine. Why didn't he tell us?!

"I-I thought you didn't want to be with me, and you were ignoring me, a-an-and-" Damon cut her off with her fierce answer.

"Why would I do that I love you!" Tears well up in Bri's eyes as she looks at Damon with nothing but love. She runs to him, jumping in his open arms, hugging him tightly. She whispers 'I love you' back in his ear and he starts grinning like a butcher's dog. I smile and laugh, before I realize what time it is, it's almost fight time, I think with a smile.