Chapter Six

My body fills with excitement and I can't help but feel a little giddy. I love fighting. Bri and Damon are still attached at the hip since their talk twenty minutes ago. I had already changed into my normal black leggings, black sports tank, black nike sports bra, with a thin black zip up while they were snuggling and chatting it up on the couch. I've been fixing myself dinner for the past ten minutes, hoping my food would cook faster. Mmmm steak. I love meat, especially steak, so my mouth is watering smelling the beautiful aroma of the food. On the side, I cook green beans and bacon, which is not the most healthy, but it is so delicious.

Finally, after what feels like ages, the steak is done, and I'm making plates for everyone. I shove the food in my mouth, hurrying so I'm not late for the fight. Bri and Damon are leaving twenty minutes after me, because I want to get some stretching in and watching my opponents. I leave my plate on the counter grabbing my keys, water, and wallet, before jogging down the stairs.

I hop on my bike and speed off towards the club. The loud annoying music fills my ears and I groan, why do people need music that loud? I pull around back to see a smiling Benny waving his hands franticly at me. Dork. I snort at him and I realize I'm lucky no one heard that. I park my bike before taking off my helmet, making sure my wig is still on.

"Hey Benny! Bri and Damon will be coming to watch tonight, so let them in this entrance, and they can come to my room. Make sure they don't get hurt." He gives me a salute, and I thank him with a hug and small kiss on the cheek.

I jog down the concrete stairs, my sneakers not making a noise, a habit I've learned. 'Always stay quiet.' I unlock my room and it feels like home to me. Throwing my stuff down, I get down on the mat to stretch. My muscles are fairly tight, but not much more than normal. As I hear a knock on the door, there's a quiet conversation and the jiggling of the door knob. Bri and Damon can't even open a door. I roll my eyes, once they finally get in. They throw me smiles which I return as I finish my last stretch.

"Are you excited guys, I am!" They give me worried glances.

"We're ecstatic to watch you fight, we just don't want you hurt," Bri says, a small frown gracing her face. I shake my head and bring them in for a hug.

"I'll be okay. I have a purpose to fight, and reason to win." They nod with me, before I grab the keys to the door and we walk out, locking it behind us.

The arena area is not too loud, but of course there are cheers, shouts, and the occasional booing. Fighting right now is Death Stroke, and another person I've never seen before. Hmm I thought he would take at least a day off to heal. I shake my head and continue to watch. The new comer is good, he's smart, but not the fastest. His reflexes are bad, and he doesn't trust his instincts.

Death Stroke goes down in a final blow to the chest. He lays limp on the ground, like a giant dead fish on the pavement. I laugh to myself at my analogy, before refocusing my attention. It's my turn next. I'm fighting the winner, and from what I can tell, it won't be as easy as yesterday's match. The unknown fighters hand is raised, and the announcers yells in his drawn out voice.

"The winner is The Butcher!" What kind of name is that? Death Stroke can't win, but at least his name isn't as awful. The Butcher keeps smirking at me, probably thinking I'm looking at him because I'm impressed. Wrong.

The announcer gives me a nod, my silent instruction to come up and fight. I hug Damon and Bri quickly before walking up, focusing my mind, body, and strength on the task ahead. Win. Win for him. I nod to myself, a silent promise I kept to myself. As I reach the ring, the mans eyes do not widen, he just looks me up and down like a predator to their prey.

The announcer backs away as I get ready to fight. I set down my water and set the jacket I took off a little bit ago underneath it. I close my eyes, concentrating. I open them, and the announcer yells through the mic.

"The Butcher vs. The Canary! Fight!" The man does not move, he's smarter than Death Stroke. We circle each other, our chins high. He makes the first swing towards my chin. I move back, avoiding his arm, and out of the corner of my eye I see his foot out stretched. Clever. But not clever enough. I step on his foot, crushing my heel into the bones, making him take a breath in. His eyes lit up mischievously. I took this time to throw a hard punch to his gut, and he almost got out of the way. He gasped for air at the sudden lack of wind in his lungs.

I watched his stance, and his arms. As he held his arms up, his shoulder kept popping, making him roll his right shoulder. His weak spot. He comes at me, his right fist throwing a fake, but I saw his left hand come up towards my gut, I effectively block both. I throw off my punches on purpose, making me look sloppy. He smirks at me 'trying' to punch him, and goes in for the final blow on me. Now is my time. He charges, which I'm quicker so I move out of the way and behind him, landing a hard punch to his right shoulder.

A loud 'pop' echoes through the arena and he falls with a loud cry. He glares up at me from the ground, which I smirk at him. He pushes himself up with his left arm, and looks ready to pounce. I throw three swift punches to his gut, before going for the final blow. A swift round house to his jaw knocks him unconscious on the ground. I hear cheers and hollers, the loudest coming from Benny, Bri, and Damon. I smile, before grabbing my prize money and heading towards my friends.

I chug my water down before I get to them, and they all embrace me in separate, but very tight, hugs. Benny goes last, and after his hug, he grabs my shoulders and smiles down at me.

"You were amazing! And when you pretended to be sloppy, man, that was brilliant!" I laugh at his excitement. For a 6'6, bulky body guard at a night club, he is a child.

"It was amazing to watch you fight, your love for it only makes it better. I'm sorry for trying to convince you to give up your passion," Damon says in a soft voice. I give him a small smile and embrace him in a hug. I know he was only protecting me because I'm the little sister he never had. After we break away, a warm hand touches my shoulder, and my body starts to heat up and get tingly. That's weird. I turn around to be faced with none other than the gorgeous flower shop guy. He gives me a small smile, and my heart flutters because man, he is one gorgeous human.

"You are a very good fighter, excellent actually. I'm very impressed that a person of your size could take down a man of his size so easily." I roll my eyes, seriously? Just because I'm smaller doesn't mean I'm not strong, and I'm not short either I'm 5'7.

"Yeah, first of all, thank you for the compliment. Second, I'm not that tiny. I'm 5'7." He lets out a chuckle which is a very attractive sound.

"I meant a girl so skinny taking down that giant, steroid-stacked man."

"Well I'm sorry I jumped to conclusions, but thank you." He gives me a nod, as an 'apology accepted' response. He leaves, and I can't help but feel relieved. Why do I always feel anxious when he's around me? Bri looks at me, her lips raising to a smirk.

"Who was the hottie?" I roll my eyes, only her. Damon moves closer to her, setting his hand on her back to remind her that he is here, which makes me laugh.

"Are you jealous Damon?" He glares at me, which makes Bri roll her eyes. "He has been coming around the flower shop, and he bought 36 dozen this morning for his home. I don't think he recognized me which is good." Bri nods, understanding I want to keep my day life separate from my life at night.