Chapter Twenty-Six

Silence and the aroma of fresh flowers fills the air around me, making me feel at peace. I close my eyes for a second, basking in the beautiful peacefulness that surrounds me. The ding of the door bell makes me snap my eyes open, looking at the customer coming through the door. My smile widens as I see the most gorgeous man I've ever laid eyes on walk in. He reciprocates my smile, and walks right up to me. Setting the paper bag he was carrying down, his arms slithers around me pulling my body flush against his before swooping down for a kiss.

As our lips connect and its as if a herd of elephants are learning how to dance in my stomach. Sparks ignite between our lips, and I feel like I'm flying on cloud nine. His warm body warms mine, and I feel as if I'm in heaven when I'm with him. I rest my hand on his chest and stand on my tippy toes to stay at his height.

We pull away, and I snatch the bag he brought in, hoping it is food. Lucca just chuckles at me before taking a seat on the stool beside me. I open the paper bag as quickly as possible without tearing it at all. I stare at the contents in it and a large smile overtakes my face. Food. I turn to Lucca and peck his lips, a warm feeling settling in my stomach.

"You're the best, beau." He chuckles at me before kissing my cheek.

"Just help yourself, I bough some for myself then I realized you need it more than I do, you may starve to death if you don't eat every hour." I give him a sheepish smile, I was actually getting hungry.

"You have a man's stomach mon chéri."

"Oh I'm sorry, mon chéri, I can't help myself, but at least my appetite isn't like yours. So....feminine," I say, laughter bursting from within me. Lucca playfully glares at me, before diving for my sides. His fingers latch to my sides and he starts tickling me.

I let out a strangled yelp, which then turns into wheezy laughter. Swatting at his hands makes him tickle me even more. Breath is heaving from my lips because of the lack of oxygen I can get in from laughing so hard. Lucca has a large smile plastering his face and it makes me angry. He's enjoying this too much. I smack his arms lightly so he will get the hint to stop, but only a sinister smile appears on his face, making me shiver in anticipation.

"I will stop...only if you say 'Lucca is the most gorgeous man alive and I'm so glad he likes a peasant like me'." I roll my eyes, what is he six?

"Yeah, no," I say, giving him a look that says 'really?'. He chuckles before the tickling begins once more. I start wheezing as I laugh, and the pain in my sides intensifies. The bell rings signaling a customer is int he store, and I smack Lucca's back so he stops. He pulls away with a grin plastering his face. Cheeky bloke. I turn and see a familiar face frowning, and guilt floods through me.

"I'll, um come back." I get up, and follow Andrew to the door.

"Wait!" Andrew doesn't turn around so I pick up my pace, but he's already out the door, walking away quickly to the café where he works.

"Andrew stop!" I bellow, my voice commanding, and his body stops, turning to me with a melancholy face. He turns his face to the ground and guilt floods me like a tidal wave.

"I see you have found someone better, I'll leave you alone Thea." His voice sounds so disappointed and sad, but not at myself but that he thinks he isn't good enough. I set my hand on his bicep and give him a sad smile.

"I'm sorry that I didn't even give you a chance, but Lucca has my heart. It's been him before I even met you, it's nothing against you, but I can't betray my heart. I'm in love with him, and I can't drop him and hurt not only him, but myself in the process too."

Andrew's face is sad, but understanding of the situation. My heart breaks at his sadness, he seems like a genuinely amazing guy, but he's not the guy for me. He nods before turning away.

"Hey, thank you for being honest Thea. I hope you're happy."

"Same for you Andrew." He nods and turns away, walking back to the small café where he works. A weight on my chest feels as if it has been lifted off my chest. I'm in love with Lucca. A large smile appears on my face, finally understanding my true feelings. I turn on my heel only to see an upset looking Lucca leaning on the door of the flower shop.

I march over to him, not letting him speak before crashing my lips to his. I put all of my emotions and feelings into the kiss. Sparks ignite and I feel like I'm in the perfect moment, in the right place at the right time. The kiss isn't soft or sweet like the others, but full with passion and love. Lucca's arms wrap around my waist, my arms sneaking around his neck and then my fingers running through his soft hair. He pulls me close to him, his large frame enveloping me like a warm blanket. He pulls away, a large smirk residing on his face.

"Well what was that for?"

"I think the kiss spoke for itself," I say flippantly, before sauntering into the store again, my eyes zeroing on the food left on the counter. Mmm. My stomach growls and I trudge over to the food before shoving it in my face. It was a large burger with all the works; lettuce, cheese, tomato, ketchup, and lots of pickles. I smile up at him, not showing my teeth that have food stuck in it.

Lucca laughs before his phone starts ringing. He groans and pulls it out of his pocket, his face contorting into one of confusion as he sees the caller. Answering it, the confused expression turns to one of shock and sadness. He nods and says 'okay' before ending the call. His warm chocolate eyes speak sadness as he looks up at me. I walk over and wrap my arms around him, my hands running up and down his back in a comforting manner.

"My father had a mild stroke, I have to go visit him Maine."

"I'm so sorry Lucca,"

"And they want to me you." My heart drops to my feet, they want to meet me?