NCT: Taeyong

Y/N POV

8:50 pm
Still no sign of him. He told me he would be home by 7:00. So where is he? A question I started asking 5 months ago. I never expected this to become the regular when it started. And even though now I know that he won't be home on time, I still make dinner even though it would be cold by the time he gets home. And it hurts.

I never bothered asking where he's been. He comes home stressed from whatever he's doing and the look in his eyes says sorry. So I forgive him. But I can't help the thoughts of him with another girl. Those thoughts always come first and leave last. Tormenting me of how he loves her more then me. And only stay with me for... that's the only thing I couldn't figure out. Why would he stay with me if he as her? Maybe he doesn't want to hurt me? But this will hurt more in the end. He hurts me each time he's late, so that can't be it. Where could he be? I know his work can keep him out but never this late for this long.
10:00 pm
Three hours late. And I except 2 or three more. I wrap up his dinner and place it in the refrigerator knowing he eats it when he get home. I go to bed with tears in my eyes.
I couldn't sleep even after crying for a couple hours. I looked at my phone
1:24 am
I decide to get up and get some water. The lights were on in the kitchen and dining room. Taeyong is home. He sat heavily at the table eating the meal I cooked. I continued walking carefully as tears started to stain my cheek again. I made it halfway across, but the floor creaked. He immediately turned around.

"Babe! Why are you up?" He asked voice full of surprise.

"I was just getting some water," I explained with a weak voice.

"Are you okay?" He asked now with worry. I hummed in response trying to hold back my tears. I didn't dare to look at him. "Are you sure?" He asked. I nodded then went into the kitchen to finally get my water. I made sure to face away from the dinning room as I took a long sip from my cup. I could feel his eyes staring at me as I finished the cup and placed it into the sink. I walked towards the exit of the kitchen when his socks appeared in front of me.

"Excuse me," I mumbled quietly.

"Your not excused, so tell me what's wrong!" He commanded with a hint of annoyance in his voice.

"It's nothing," I whispered sadly.

"Y/N! Look at me!" He yelled. I slowly looked up. "Why were you crying?" He questioned.

"It's nothing Taeyong. Just let me go to bed. You should too," I responded pushing past him. I walked away almost making it to the stairs when he swiftly grabbed my hand pulling me into a tight hug.

"Y/N, I'm sorry. If I knew you were hurting this much. I wold have talked to you much sooner," I could feel the sincerity in his voice also some tears. I started to cry again and he held me tighter. "You can always tell me anything. Especially if it a problem between us. We are here for each other," he smoothed. "Promise me," He urged pulling me away from him.
"I promise," I agreed looking into his tear filled eyes. He smiled and pulled me into another tight hug. "Taeyong," I called out. He hummed back. "Can we go to bed now?" I asked.

"Of course," he agreed releasing from our hug. We got into bed and he held me closely as I drifted off too sleep.

~~
649 words
Requested by Kiblebla