Chapter 6

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The boys threw flames into the fire and everyone cheered.

"What's Mary." The greenie asked looking back.
Newt turned to look where Mary was sitting with Gally.
"Marys everything really. Runner, Cooker, Track-Hoe, Builder, Bricknicks and Med-jack."
"Runner?"
"She's fast. No one likes it though so she's rarely aloud out into the maze."
"Maze?"
"Behind the doors."

Mary got up and made her way over to Minho. she sat and just stared into the flame.

"Does she talk much?"
"sometimes. She ain't much of a talker."
They looked to Mary as she jumped when a griever was heard. Minho hugged her shoulders and Newt and the greenie turned back around.
"She looks vulnerable."
"She is."
"Why would they send her up here?"
"Well why don't you ask the shanks if you ever see them." Newt said smiling.
The greenie sighed.
"Now. Come on, your the guest of honor." Newt said getting up.
"Huh?"
"Let me introduce you to the keepers."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Casey POV:

"And cut. Well done guys." Wes called.

I smiled as Ki Hong helped me up and patted my back. I made my way over to Dylan who was with Thomas, dancing while Thomas watched.

"What the........." I said walking up behind him.
"Hey, I'm good."
"I'm better."
"I won't disagree with that." He laughed throwing his arm over my shoulder.

"Dylan, Casey, just the two I was looking for. Your scene is next." Wes called from his seat.

Everyone sat down in their seats and I got into position while Dylan went just behind the camera, ready to go on.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mary was sitting on the grass in front of the wall, looking up at the sky. Everyone was gone to bed so she was on her own. She cringed as a griever was heard from a distance.

"What you doing up?"
She turned to see Thomas coming up behind her. She shrugged. He sat down beside her. She looked at him before looking back at the sky.
"Your not much of a talker, are you?"
"Not unless I want to be." She said.

Thomas watched Mary as she admired the stars. Mary turned and caught Thomas watching her.

"What?" She asked smiling gently.
"Just trying to figure you out."
"And have you?"
"Your a girl that is confused about everything and feels like she is weak."
Mary looked down as tears gathered in her eyes. Thomas gently placed his finger under her chin and pulled her face up.
"Your crying?" He said, frowning.
"Because you are the first person to actually say what they think of me." She said wiping her tears.

Thomas pulled Mary in for a hug, kissing her head.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After filming I went back to my dorm and got ready for bed. Just as I was about to head to bed there was a knock on the door. I opened it to see Thomas standing there.

"Hey, you, umm, you left your phone on set. Thought you might need it." He said.
"oh, um, thanks."
He handed me the phone. I smiled and went to close the door.
"Hey, umm............"
I opened it again and looked at him.
"I hope you warm up to us soon, I would really like to get to know you." He rubbed the back of his neck.
I giggled causing him to smile.
"Do you want to head to starbucks tomorrow, get to know each other, you know, only if you want to now but...."
"Are we off?"
"Half day yea."
"Then sure."
He smiled.
"NIght casey."
"Night Thomas."

I closed the door and headed off to bed.