chapter 33

Dylan POV:

"Just let me see her!" I screamed at the nurse.
I had just gotten the news that a drunk driver had hit Casey causing me and the gang to rush to the hospital. Right now I was trying to get in to see her but the nurses weren't even letting me see her.
"I'm sorry sir, we can't do that, family only. You're going to -"
"That's alright." a man's voice interrupted the nurse I was currently talking to. 

I looked up and saw a tall doctor standing in front of the hospital room that Casey must be in. He looked at me for a second before waving me into the room. I ran into the room, the others following closely behind, and looked all around for Casey. I felt a strong arm on my shoulder and turned to see the doctor looking at me with a reassuring smile.

 "Follow me."

He led us to an even smaller room and I saw Casey. She was lying, unconscious, on the hospital bed. I rushed to her side and held her weak hand. She had cuts and bruises everywhere and a bandage over wrapped around her forehead. I felt like screaming and taking her in my arms and hugging her protectively, but I shouldn't even be here so I shouldn't push my luck. So I just sat next to her, holding her hand and rubbing it, staring at the broken girl who was like a sister to me for so long.

"I'm right here, baby girl." I whispered to her, as I let the tears finally fall from my eyes.
"What's wrong with her? Will she be okay?" Thomas asked as he looked at the doctor.
"I've been given permission from her mother to tell you guys so I will. She had internal bleeding in the stomach but we managed to stop it. She also has a punctured lung that we have repaired temporarily."  
"Temporarily?" Will asked, confused.
"Well we can't repair it correctly until she wakes." The doctor explained.
"But she might not?" Ki Hong pushed.
"Early yet but if she continues to be in the condition she is currently in I don't see why she wouldn't wake." The doctor replied causing us to smile. "I've to attend other patients but I'll be back later to cheek on her."
"Thank you." Kaya thanked as he left.
I looked at Casey as the others came around to sit.
"OH sweetie don't you give up." I whispered as I kissed her hand.
The only sounds in the room were the beeping of the monitor as she breathed and heart.