Taehyung ♡ New Student

Published: June 23, 2018
Rewritten: May 10, 2023

Word count: 2,168

DO NOT read or interact if you're under 14

Today was your first day attending your new school

Today was your first day attending your new school. You transferred to a high school in Seoul and to say you were nervous was a severe understatement. You had never been a new student before, let alone in a new country, so you weren't sure what to expect, besides the lingering stares, of course. You'd stick out like a sore thumb.
Why did your parents decide to move to a different country right before your senior year? Couldn't they have waited until you were out of school?
Unfortunately, you knew the answer and that answer was no. The only reason you had moved was because your dad got transferred for his job and instead of just him moving here, you all moved so you wouldn't be separated. Now you would be spending your senior year at a new school in an unfamiliar country. You hoped you wouldn't have to talk much, especially since your Korean wasn't the greatest.

You anxiously stepped into your new school, moving hesitantly down the hallway, eyes scanning your new surroundings. The layout was much different than your last place of education, but this was a big city and a different country, so of course things would be different. The uniform you had to wear was a bit uncomfortable, as you weren't used to a strict dress code. You didn't care much for skirts and plus it's difficult to express yourself in a school uniform and you liked to add a bit of your personality into your attire.
You had attempted to add some flair to your outfit by putting a couple decorative pins on the lapel of your blazer, and your backpack was already adorned with a fair amount of pins as well as a couple keychains.
Your grip on your backpack strap tightened as you continued down the hallway, noticing people staring at you, some whispering as you made your way to class. A wave of worry and anxiety hit you while walking past students. Your eyes fixed themselves on the schedule in your hand, hoping to distract yourself from all the peering eyes and low murmurs. The schedules here were different from what you were used to back home. It appeared all subjects were taught in one classroom and you were in 3-6.
Your gaze turned to the signs hanging by the classroom doors, searching for the corresponding numbers printed on your schedule.

A brief feeling of relief washed over you when you spotted the sign reading 3-6. Upon stepping into the classroom, you saw that a few people were already seated while others were standing around socializing. You spotted a small group of girls in the corner of the room applying makeup, their bangs wrapped around a roller to keep their hair curled.
Wow. It's just like in kdramas. You thought, surprised by the accuracy.
Scanning the classroom, your gaze landed on a rather handsome boy with beautifully tanned skin and fluffy brown hair, your breath catching in your throat at the sight of him. He stood out from the rest of the students, looking like he stepped right out of a drama.
When he made eye contact with you his mouth hung open slightly and he nearly dropped his books. You were quick to avert your gaze, hurrying to the first empty seat you spotted in the back of the classroom. The boy's friends were nudging him and laughing at his minor fumble.