8

"Hello?"

The other line speaks.

"Ah, nae... Annyeonghaseyo, may I know who is this?"

'Is she joking? She's the one who called and now asked of whom it is?' The person on the other line thought.

"Actually, you're the one who called me, and now asked me of who am I?"

'He's right. Aigoo, pabo Joyiah!' She thought of it and it was already late for her to realize.

"Ah, right, I'm sorry I disturbed you, I'm going to hang the phone now."

She responded to the person she didn't know whom she is talking to.

"Ani, wait...Park Sooyoung?"

She was about to drop the call, yet the person stopped her, also calls out her name.

"Sungjae?"

Also she didn't know, that it was him. She only realized it now, that Sungjae was the one who is absent earlier.

"Ah, Yes, aigoo, I didn't realize that it was you."

"Me too. I'm sorry for the disturbance tho."

They talked and shared thoughts. The night full of words, smiles and different atmosphere. Universe is doing things that never existed with this immortal life they had.

No one ever knows, someone was there, someone who can accompany you throughout the day and night filled with conversation that was really weird.

No one doesn't know about them, also them had no clue, that the ones around them was their kind. They don't know nothing also the feeling that's been slowly involving.

The long, small talks they had, the time they spend, it was a new experience.

"Sooyoung-ah.."
"Wae?"
"I'm older than you tho."
"And so?"
"You should call me Oppa!"
"Wae, I liked calling you by your name. Sungjae."
"Ani, that was way too informal."
"Is it? Arasseo, Oppa?!"

It was their first time. First long conversation about nothing.

"What are you doing, jigeum?" Sungjae asked. "Talking to you?" She responded as it was already an obvious response."How about you? Aren't you already sleepy?" She added, having her phone on loud speak while writing some stuffs for the first project of their club.

"Actually, I'm a bit sleepy, but after hearing your voice, I became alive" it was on the point of talking with each other with a smooth talks he had. "Ah, really. I guessed you are watching movies, jigeum.", "you caught me, sooyoung-ah..."

And so the night goes deep. The phone call lasted until the morning came. And they didn't know what are the things going. They've woke up with each others scream after they heard their alarms ringing. They were late.

"Oh, Sooyoung-ah, good morning, see you later, eoh!"

"See you too, oppa!"

They rushed fixing their selves, almost on fire doing the things they need to. He was the first to arrive at the bus stop as he was patiently waiting at her.

And there she is. She arrived not having a time to comb her hair and there was her skirt which is not that fixed well.

"Joyiah!" He calls her. "I'm here!" He waved at her who's fixing her skirt and tries to be a human in front of him.

"Oppa!" She smiled. She didn't know why, when he heard his voice, when he saw him, she felt happiness and protection. She felt something it shouldn't be, for the fact that she is an immortal.

"Eotteoki, maybe we're late now.", "You're right."

In a glance, in a split second of time, their eyes locked, their gazes that was melting each other's heart, their smiles that was making them insane, their hands that was so close; could we say that it was already the feeling of love? The meaning of what they called 'love'?

The bus arrived, yet their eyes was fixed with it's comfort. It was chaos, that the bus go ahead  and they were left behind.

"Ah... andwae, andwae!" She saw the bus leaving as she tried to chase it but she was late. "eotteoki, we're really dead, we have a performance to discuss today!" She cries.

"Gwaenchanha, I'm going to explain it to the teacher." He comforts her, who is now sitting and hugging her knees. He helped her stand up and again they waited for a bus to ride on.

"Sooyoung-ah?", "Wae?" She muttered which is sitting in the bench. "I just thought of it again, right now. You really different, inside of the school, eoh?" He confessed, she is different. She was only comfortable with him and happy having him, a real different world she had when there is him.

"What do you mean? I'm good." She brags, talking with him while waiting for the bus. He sat beside her and smiles. It made her feel something, the ones in the stories she reads and movies she watched it was like that.

"Oppa, the bus arrived." They hopped in and find a comfortable sit. As soon as they arrived at their school many students are looking at them. Especially for him, Sungjae.

"Joyiah, you go first inside the room, I just have something to do." He muttered to Joy as soon as they entered the lobby. "Ani, wae?" She questioned out of curiosity. "Something is really urgent right now, I need to go." He was on rush that Sooyoung was left confused of the happenings, worried also for him.

She got to reach their class without him and she was alone again sitting on her desk. Alone being punished for being late. Alone and emptiness she is without him. She was falling.

"Sooyoung-ah?" Wendy approached her. "Gwaenchanha? Why are you late?" Seulgi added. "I'm fine." She smiled back and leave.

It was the rooftop she headed into.

With her pen and paper she continued her stories. It was her thing and hobby, you can't stop her.

Why life has been created? Well I guess you have a mission to do so. Be happy, don't complain and blame, you are lucky in living.

•••

Panting, almost out of breathe, starless night it was again, sirens of this cars, blinking post lights, he was being chased.

"So I guess, the third wish is being granted, eoh..."