Chapter 56

Riker was cute and all, but Liam was originally my infinity that I wouldn't abandon for the world. I made the mess worse by not only pulling these kids from there families, but having to choose between not 2, but 3 boys. If I do die though, I will have no choice but Rocky. If I win though, Liam, because Riker would still be in the Capitol, and Liam loves me.

"Riker, I'm sorry," I whisper. Riker steps out. I pull on the long leather boots that go up to my knees, then I sink down and pull my knees to my chest. Niall was with Ross, and Riker was being comforted by my prep team. I tried not to cry and spoil the dress and makeup, but it just comes out.

What have I done?

Riker soon comes back out. Were just friends, there is nothing special between the two of us but good friendship. We are then taken to the interviews. We sit in order, starting with district girl, then boy, and then girl, boy, and so on. We watch the interviews from a big screen backstage so we know when to go.

The interviewer is Ceaser Flickerman. He has a blue tux, blue hair, and back pants. I normally think things are pretty, I really do, but he was UGLY.

So, he told a few jokes, and then started. "Welcome up, the beautiful Jenna," he yelled holding his arm out. She sat down, batted her eyelashes, and blew a kiss to the audience, which made the audience shriek. There hands flew in the air, as if they wanted to catch her kiss.

Jenna's whizzed by while Caleb's wasn't that long. He confessed his love for Jenna, and went on about winning.

It was my turn now!

"Let's give it up for one of our many rebellion leaders, who is now a tribute in this years games, give it up for, Bailey," he yelled. I gulped, but walked on. The audience was staring there eyes out at me. "Well, well, your young for a rebellion leader, how old our you," he asks. Well, even though I was 16, I was about a foot taller than my grandma (who was small.) "16," I say. He gasps, as if I just defied the Capitol, causing Harry's end. "Well, she does look like a fierce killer, probably describes that impressive 10, right," he said to the audience. They cheered and yelled my name. He held his hands up and lowered them, making them stop. "So, how do you feel right now," he said. Well, he deserves common sense. I was smiling and having a good time. "Actually, I may look like a crazy cheerleader out here, but I feel like there are people ripping my insides apart," I say. He looked confused, but he continued. "What was it like being a leader," he asks. That was personal, and I wasn't about to tell a laughing, obnoxious interviewer of the Capitol something personal, but I might as well entertain the audience, so I tell them everything. About the struggles I faced, the people who tried to bring me down, and my broken backbone. "Well, then you have a really good chance of winning," he said.

I didn't want to tell them. I didn't want to be made fun of as weak, but I had too.

"Actually, I don't want to win," I yell.

Now everybody knows.