B.H|Process Of Elimination

Your POV

you're cute
-b

I lifted my head but didn't see anyone looking. I'd gotten an anonymous message stuck inside my locker. There were ton's of people in this school who's names start with B- there's no way of knowing who it was.

Bill Denbrough.

I guess it could be him- but he isn't one to write notes. He's disrupted the class many times talking to Stan or Eddie or whoever, but never resorted to writing a note. I think he just dosen't like writing in general. Besides, he likes Beverly Marsh.

Beverly Marsh.

I doubt it's be her. She'd far too straightforward for notes, especially an anonymous one. Besides, she's my best friend, and she never stops talking about Bill.

Betty Ripsom.

She hasn't been in school for three months. Besides, she hates me. It can't be her.

Belch.

God, I don't even know this kid's real name, and I doubt he knows mine. Besides, he's totally under the control of Henry Bowers. He'd never have the time to leave a note like that.

Henry Bowers.

I guess it could be an initial for his last name? I doubt it's him. He's 10× more straightforward than Beverly- He'd come up to me and say it to my face if he liked me, which he dosen't. I'm at the top of his victim list.

Ben Hanscom.

timeskip

"Hey Ben."

The boy jumped at the sound of my voice, spinning around.

"Oh! Y/n! Hey!" he smiled, dropping his headphones in the process.

He tried to pick them up but I beat him to it, sliding them onto my own head.

I listened for a few seconds before smiling.

"New Kids On The Block?"

"O-Oh it isn't- It's not-"

I fake gasped, "Oh, I get it! You're the new kid!"

"Theres... really nothing to get."

"Ah, you're right." I handed his headphones back, "Anyway, I came to ask for help."

"Help?"

"Yeah. You're new, and when you're new you do a lot of observing, yeah? That, mixed with the fact that your locker is right next to mine... I dunno. Helps."

"Helps with what?" He asked, moving the headphones from his hands to around his neck, and pausing his song.

"I got this note."

His eyes widened a bit when I said that but he closed them a bit, as to try and get me not to notice.

"Did you see anyone leave a note in my locker?"

I stuck my hand in my pocket, pulling out the note. He quickly shook his head no, and I handed it to him.

"Ah well, I'll get going then. Maybe you can... analyze the handwriting or something." I smiled, giving a small wave as I walked off.

Ben's POV

You're cute.
-b

you too, ben.
-y/n

I stared in awe at the note in my hand before dropping it on the ground and running after Y/n.

"Hey! Wait!"

They turned around, smiling.

"Did you analyze the handwriting?"

"I-" I paused, thinking of what to say, "I was wondering if you'd wanna maybe get ice cream tomorrow?"

"I'd love to. What time?"

"I... Uh, is 1pm okay?"

"Yeah! I'll be there." Y/n smiled, making me melt inside. On the outside I just blushed, really hard.

"I... will see you then." I mumbled, still in awe that someone like that actually likes me.

"Yeah. See ya then." They leaned forward, pecking my cheek.

My breath hitched.

"Bye, Ben."

I didn't reply.

Y/n walked away, but I still stood there, hand on my cheek.

"Bye, Y/n." I whispered to myself, "See ya tomorrow."