eight

Kaden convinced me that since it was his birthday that I couldn't tell him no. We messed around and danced all night. Kaden snuck a few drinks so we were both more than a little tipsy meaning we ended the night passed out and woke up hungover. I threw up before I made it home and I felt kind of bad for keeping Kaden from meeting his mate but I needed one last night with him.

Today is our high school graduation. I never thought the day would actually come. I sat on my bed in a white summer dress and my graduation gown when I heard a knock and without asking I told them to come in.

"Hey Sawyer, it's time to leave." With one look Graham could tell something was wrong, I could never hide anything from him. "What's wrong? He sat next to me on my bed and grabbed my hand.

"They should be here Graham. My parents should get to watch me get my diploma today and they won't. They won't get to meet my mate or see me marry them. They'll never meet my children. It's not fair. Dad would've loved Kaden, they would've talked fighting strategies for hours. Mom should've been here curling my hair to perfection going on and on about how she wanted to be a hairdresser when she was younger. " I would've been crying but I had cried myself to sleep the night before.

"I know Sawyer but you have to know that they were so proud of you. Even though your dad wouldn't agree with you giving away your Beta title he would respect your reasons. Your mother used to speak so highly of you. They are watching you from heaven I'm sure. The Moon Goddess is looking out for us because she loves us, that's why we have mates. I know it won't ever be the same but you still have a family with us. I love you like a little sister and I always have."

I nodded my head knowing he was right. "I'm really sorry we haven't spent a lot of time together."

Graham smiled over at me "You still train with me every Thursday and you still call me every night when I'm out of town. That's all I ever needed from you and you know that. My little sis is growing up and falling in love. Whether you want to admit it."

I didn't admit it or deny it. He knows me too well for that. Instead, I stood up and pulled Graham into a hug before dragging him down the stairs. I saw my family waiting for me at the bottom of the stairs and when I say family I mean it.

Sarah stood there crying and trying to hide it as Aaron rubbed her back. "Mom you didn't even cry when I graduated."

"Oh hush your mouth, Graham." We all laughed and Sarah pulled me into a hug. "You look so much like your mother and for a second I almost thought it was her." I hugged her again knowing she was missing my parents too.

We left and Aiden and I rode with Graham while Sarah and Aaron drove separate as always. We all sang at the top of our lungs on the way there knowing we were growing up and eventually the three of us wouldn't have these moments together. I hopped out of the car laughing as Aiden all but fell out of the back seat in a rush to get to Kayla.

Her blond was straightened and at her waist. I watched as Aiden hugged her and then ran his fingers through her hair as she spoke to him. If they aren't mates then the moon goddess missed a perfect opportunity. Kaden made his way to me and put an arm over my shoulder.

"You look beautiful Sawyer." I looked up at Kaden and my eyes flicked from his eyes to his lips back to his eyes.

I wonder what it would be like to kiss him. Sawyer stop.

"Thank you." We all walked in together and Kaden and I were rushed to get in line to walk out. We got separated and I was slightly disappointed but tried not to show it.

When we walked into the big room finally it didn't take me long to spot my family which was seated next to Kaden's. They all seemed to be getting along pretty well which pleased me. Once we sat down I realized that Kaden was in the very front while I was in the second to last row.

I blocked out most of the whole ordeal because a lot of the speeches consisted of the same stuff. I played with my fingers and when I looked for Graham in the crowd he made goofy faces at me until I smiled. I had to put my hand over my mouth and look away to keep from laughing.

Once we threw our caps in the air and I caught mine I went to find Kaden. He picked me up and spun me in the air. I couldn't help but laugh at his enthusiasm to be out of high school.

"Can we talk somewhere alone?" I nodded noting his seriousness. I held my cap in one hand and Kaden's in my other as he pulled me into an empty hall.

"What's wrong?" almost immediately he replied.

"I'm leaving." My heart dropped to my stomach and I could've sworn at that moment I was going to throw up. I shook my head like I could make what he said not true. How can he leave I just got him?

"I leave in an hour so I have to go but I'll be back in ten days. I just thought you should know and I'll text you every night. So, don't replace me while I'm gone." He winked at me so I let myself smile even though that was the last thing I wanted to do.

"Never." Kaden pulled me into a hug and we stayed that way for far too long. He kissed the top of my head before walking away. I was glad he didn't say goodbye. I hate goodbyes.

I haven't spent more than a day away from Kaden he has become my person. This is gonna suck.

A/N

My little babies graduated but Kaden is leaving :( Don't worry though he will be back.

This chapter is dedicated to @barbiedriver who wrote Alpha's Baby Girl. This book is so unique to me because I have not seen anything like it. I absolutely loved it and the way it was written was perfect and I'm honestly probably going to read it for a second time.

16 more reads in the last 5 days, not as big of a difference as last time but still enough to make me happy. Don't forget to vote and comment guys!!!!

Hope you enjoyed! Thanks for reading XOXO