eleven

It wasn't a dream but it felt like one. I woke up and Kaden had both arms around me but was sound asleep. He had the smallest snores and any move I made had him holding me closer. I started tracing his jaw lightly with my fingers. Kaden slowly opened his eyes and smiled the brightest smile. He pulled my hand to his lips and kissed them before getting up from the bed.

Kaden went to the bathroom and I heard as he turned on the shower. I rolled onto my stomach and grabbed my phone. I texted Graham and thanked him for being so understanding yesterday. I'm gonna miss him being just down the hall from me even before I moved into the packhouse it was only a five-minute walk to each other and now we'll be 20 minutes apart from each other.

There was something calming about waking up with Kaden. It was a sense of safety even in an unfamiliar place. Kaden gave me a sense of warmth and peace that I've never felt before. I was thinking about everything that had happened in the last 48 hours when Kaden walked out of the bathroom in nothing but a towel hanging low on his hips. I could see the V shape his muscles made pointing downwards and I looked away as my mind began to wonder what he was hiding.

I heard a chuckle come from Kaden "I've never seen you so shy before."

I turned away from him so he couldn't see how red my face was getting. "Just put some clothes on Brooks."

I knew he was still standing by the closet by how far away his laugh was "Back at it with the last name."

Once Kaden was dressed and sitting on the couch at the end of the bed I walked into the bathroom. I left my clothes behind on purpose so that I could torture him the same way he tortured me.

I took my time in the shower knowing that the longer I was gone the more impatient he would get. When I was done I dried myself off before wrapping the towel around my body and brushing my hair through. I stepped out while Kaden was putting a belt on.

"Hey, Sawyer I was thinking maybe today we could go on a mini-tour of the pack." As he finished talking he looked over to me and his breath caught in his throat.

"I've never seen you so shy." Kaden turned his body away from me where he couldn't see just like I had.

I grabbed my clothes and took them into the bathroom to change and then blow-dried my hair. I put my hair in a neat bun and walked out of the bathroom. I was wearing a pair of white ripped capris and an off-the-shoulder orange top.

I stood in front of the mirror on Kaden's closet door looking at myself. I didn't like the way my hair looked up so I took it down as I watched it fall back onto my shoulders I noticed Kaden was behind me. He turned me around softly and moved the hair from my eyes.

"Why are you looking at yourself that way?" I knew what he meant Graham has pointed it out before too. I shrugged my shoulders and looked down some.

Kaden lifted my chin to look him in the eyes and I watched as his eyes flicked from my eyes to my lips and he looked for too long for it to be a mistake. There was little space between us but I craved to move closer.

"You are the most irresistibly gorgeous woman I have ever had the pleasure of knowing."

Before I could even process what he said to me his lips were on mine. The second Kaden's lips touched mine it felt like my whole body was up in flames in the best way. My hands were in his hair while his were on my hips holding me in place. We both pulled away in need of a breath. Kaden leaned his forehead on mine.

"You have no idea how long I have wanted to do that." I laid my head on his chest and he wrapped his arms tightly around me.

"I'm scared." Kaden pulled away and pulled me over to the couch.

"Why are you scared?"

"What if I'm not good enough for you or this pack? I wasn't trained how to be a Luna I was taught to be a Beta. I don't know how to be the loving motherly figure I was taught how to be a warrior."

Kaden put his hands on either side of my face and placed a soft kiss on my lips "You are going to be amazing."

Kaden grabbed my hand and pulled me up from the couch leading me to the kitchen of the packhouse.  I noticed Kara was directing everyone in the kitchen to do different jobs.

"Hey mom, do you think there is enough food done that we can go ahead and eat? We have a full day." We do?

"Yeah honey go ahead and grab some breakfast. Good morning Sawyer."

"Morning."

 I made sure to get a little bit of everything and the longer I took food the hungrier I felt. Kaden and I ate in silence but it was difficult to concentrate because Kaden was rubbing circles on my knee as we ate.

"So what exactly is our day full of?" Kaden looked up at me and smirked.

"First we are going to go on a tour of the pack because I know you haven't really seen everything and then we're going to come back here and eat lunch. Then I have a surprise for you." I was eager to know of the surprise but I knew there was no point in trying to ask.

We both took our plates into the kitchen before walking out of the house holding hands.

Kaden walked me all around the pack and showed me the elementary school. His pack wasn't huge but it was larger than Graham's. When we were heading back to the house to eat lunch a building that I hadn't seen before caught my eye.

"Kaden, what is that over there?"

"Oh it was meant to be an orphanage but it hasn't been in service in years." I stood there just looking at the building. "Do you want to go look at it?" 

"Yeah." Kaden and I walked over to the building and he unlocked the door for me. As I walked around the rooms I began to picture all of the potential this building still holds.

"Kaden?"

"Mm?"

"If the orphanage is closed then where are the orphans?" Kaden scratched the back of his neck and I knew I wasn't going to like the answer.

"The truth is we're not totally sure. When it closed there were only a few orphans and we found them homes but I know there have to be some hiding throughout the pack." Hearing those words hurt my heart. I knew there was nothing Kaden could do yet but something had to be done.

"Can we fix it up? Maybe re-open it?" Kaden nodded and pulled me closer.

"I think that is a really good idea babe." I smiled and snuggled closer to his chest.

"Thank you." Doing something like this for the pack would be good for me and prove to everyone that I will do everything in my power to be the best Luna possible.

A/N

Kaden and Sawyer are going to rebuild the orphanage and they're super cute. I love them lol. You will hear a lot more about the orphanage in the second book *hint hint*

My goal for the last five days was 18 reads and we totally got that at last check we had 36 reads in the last 5 days and I'm ecstatic. My goal for the next five days is to get 20 more reads so tell your friends, vote, and comment.

This chapter is dedicated to @palepinkferriswheel who wrote The Beast. This book was so freaking good I loved the main male character he made my cold heart melt and I couldn't stop reading.

Hope you enjoyed!Thanks for reading XOXO