eighteen

I walked into Kaden's room to see Kara, Kayla, and a few other women doing various things. When Kara saw me she stood quickly and walked to me.

"I know everything is going quick but things will still be perfect I promise you." I nodded being very overwhelmed.

I tapped my fingers on my leg as I looked around at all of the people in the room. I tried to distract myself from all of the different things going on around me but it was difficult.

Soon I was sat in a chair and a woman I had never met before began to curl my hair and then another woman who I didn't know put makeup on my face. No words were exchanged between us and to me it was very awkward so I continued to tap on my leg hoping to make the anxiety fade. Even being a Beta's daughter doesn't train you for this.

After what felt like hours I was being pushed into Kaden's closet by Kayla who had a huge smile on her face.

"In our pack, there's a tradition to wear a white dress but since we didn't have time to go get you a dress I thought I'd get you one myself, I had seen it last time I was shopping so I had someone go pick it up this morning as soon as I found out about the ceremony."

Kayla grabbed a dress bag and made me close my eyes as she pulled out the dress.

"Okay open your eyes now." I opened my eyes to see a beautiful white dress that faded into pink flowers.

"Now I know it's not all white but my mom said it was okay and since you're gonna be Luna and all then it's technically your choice

"Now I know it's not all white but my mom said it was okay and since you're gonna be Luna and all then it's technically your choice. Do you like it?" I pulled Kayla into a hug.

"I love it, Kayla. Thank you."

Kayla helped me put my dress on and I stared at myself in the mirror may be a little too long.

"I'm really happy that you're a part of our family now. My brother needs you even if he doesn't know it."

Kayla and I walked to where I was supposed to be and I was beginning to get nervous and I know she could tell.

"Are you okay Sawyer?" I shook my head and took a deep breath.

"Can you go get Graham for me?" Kayla nodded and walked away. I tapped my fingers on my leg to distract myself until Graham showed up. I watched as Graham walked up and he looked panicked.

"What's wrong Sawyer?" Graham pulled me into a hug and kissed my forehead.

"I'm nervous. I feel like I could throw up and I don't know what I'm even thinking at this point." Graham walked me over to a bench where no one would be able to see and we both sat.

"Sawyer, there is nothing for you to worry about. Today you are taking a stand to protect this pack, your new pack. This is what you have been preparing for your entire life whether or not you knew it."

I nodded as Graham talked. I didn't really know what else to do.

"I have to go, Mom is here and she's mind linking me." Graham kissed my forehead and I watched as he walked away.