twenty

Waking up next to Kaden is something that I'll never get used to. I get to open my eyes every morning and see the man I am in love with next to me. That was not the case this morning. I woke up this morning to Kaden rushing around the room like a chicken with its head cut off.

"Kaden?" When he turned around he looked a little manic.

"Sawyer, they're coming I need you to get up and get ready." That was enough to make me want to jump out of my own skin. I got up and got dressed grabbing all of the things I may need.  

Once Kaden and I were both ready he pulled me into him and kissed me "Sawyer please be careful. I know you need to be out there but that doesn't make me okay with it. I need you, Sawyer Payne, with every fiber of my being."

"I love you, Kaden."

"And I love you beautiful."

Kaden and I both walked a little too confidently but that what leaders do. We put on our bravest faces and made our way to the warriors. Normally the Luna would be in charge of making sure everyone that wasn't fighting is safe but considering the circumstances I needed to be on the battlefield. I need to fight for my family.

When we reached our warriors they were all quiet but ready. I stepped forward and got their attention.

"I know that I haven't even been Luna for 24 hours but I know these people and I know how they fight. They will fight dirty and they will try everything in their power to kill you. Watch your back and watch your fellow soldiers."

It wasn't long after that when I heard my name being yelled. Harley stood in front of his warriors with a grin on his face.

"Long time no see little sis." I heard Kaden growl from behind me and it took everything in me not to turn to him.

"Don't call me that Harley. We all know why you're here." He chuckled and I looked over at Haley who was waving at Kaden. I wanted to pounce on her first and knock her teeth down her throat.

"You're right Sawyer. I came here to kill you and your pack because you killed my brother." I laughed bitterly.

"You killed my parents and I'm going to do the same to you." 

Harley ran for me but everyone else stood still. I felt the energy racing through me and I knew I had gotten all of my strength back. I've never felt so strong in my life.

Kaden's POV

I watched as Harley ran for Sawyer and nobody moved. I looked down at Sawyer's hands to see her claws coming out and right before Harley reached her she transitioned into her beautiful white wolf. 

Harley jumped back away from her before transitioning into his wolf who wasn't as big as Sawyer. I watched as they fought and I was itching to go out there and rip him away from her. Harley got Sawyer turned around and I noticed her eyes were not normal.

"Dad her eyes." Sawyer's eyes turned from her normal yellow to a swirl of yellow and red.

"When you finished the mating process she became part Alpha. It's very uncommon and I've never seen it happen before."

"What does that mean?" I looked over to my dad who smirked.

"It means if she stops holding back that rogue doesn't stand a chance."

I knew what that meant so I tried to mind link her 

"Sawyer baby can you hear me?"

"Yes."