CHAPTER 3

I got out of bed early the following morning to make breakfast for dad and Penny even though it was a saturday. I decided to make breakfast early because, I was not sleeping and I could not sit still when my nerves were all over the place due to stress and lack of sleep.

"Good morning sweetheart." I didn't bother to look around because I knew who was there.

"Good morning Dad." I said as I finished making breakfast and turned on the coffee brewer, once the coffee was finish brewing I turned to hand dad his cup of coffee along with the pancake and sausage I made but, paused at the sight in front of me.

Dad's eyes were red and puffy along with the dark circles and it looked like he didn't even shower. I could now see the tears in his eyes as I got closer to him.

"It is going to be ok dad, please don't cry." I tried to soothe him.

"I'm so sorry Lizzy." he kept on repeating as I hugged him and rubbed his back in an attempt to soothe him. At the same time Penny walked into the kitchen and started to ask what was wrong.

"Nothing." I answered a bit too quickly, I didn't want to stress my sister out because she had to concentrate on school and this was a little overbearing.

"This," she said pointing a finger between dad and I, "Doesn't seem like nothing lizzy." she continued as she stood staring at me for a second longer awaiting and explanation she was not about to get.

Realizing she wouldn't get any further answer from me she walked closer and hugged dad. We stood there for what seemed like hours before dad finally calm down. We had our breakfast in silence and no one seemed to want to break it.

When we were finished I cleared the table and while cleaning the dishes an idea came to mind and I decided to go with it.

"You two go get ready and be here in thirty minutes, Ok?" I turned to look at them. Dad and Penny both nodded before walking off and I quickly did the dishes before heading to the room to get ready too. We still had four hours before noon and I decided to take them out because I didn't know how much longer I had left with them.

                                     ***

The time flew by quickly and as it went by I could feel the atmosphere between dad and I getting tense. Either Penny didn't notice or she just chose to ignore it.

I had taken them to watch a movie and then we went to get lunch at a little diner. After eating we enjoyed family time at the park before heading home.

The drive home was silent apart from penny singing along to the songs that came from the car stereo. Once we got home, dad hurried away to his room and closed the door while I went to mine and Penny's room.

*

*

*

Kristo Odell's P.O.V

Despite how much Lizzy tried to lighten the mood by taking us out, I just couldn't help but think she was telling us goodbye.

I didn't want to hand my daughter over to Demitrius but, I don't have any options left. I don't want him to hurt my daughters like he promised to do and knowing him you would know he means every word he said and I don't want him to hurt my daughters. I had promised their mother that I would do anything in my power to keep them happy. To protect them. Now I just felt like a big failure to my family.

My daughters mean the world to me. They are my precious gems and now I was about to give up one of them to him.

I don't want to do it and I will do everything I can to return the money to him and get back my daughter.

My phone ringing in my hand snapped me out of my thoughts, as I looked at the caller ID I immediately felt sadness wash over me. I slide the accept button and pressed the phone to my ear.

"Mr. Greyson." I greeted but he ignored my greetings and went straight to the point.

"What is your decision?" he asked, I could feel the words struggling to form in my mouth so, I just stayed quiet for a few seconds so that my voice wouldn't break.

"I still haven't gotten the money to repay you." I said after I have calmed down.

"Very well then. You can tell your daughter to pack her bags. I'll be there to get her in 20 minutes." he said in a dismissive tone but, I still was not ready to give in just like that. Especially that my daughter was involved.

"Mr. Greyson, please just another week and I promise you will get your money." I said in the most persuasive tone. But he didn't even budge.

"I have given you enough chances Kristo." he called me by my first name which means he was getting angry. I tried again but he simply cut the phone off on me after warning me about the consequences of double crossing him.

I sat in my room for a few minutes to calm down before I walked to the girls room to inform Elizabeth about what Demitrius said.

I knocked on the room door and waited before Elizabeth came out. Penelope remained in the room tapping away on her phone.

After I was finish talking to Lizzy about Demitrius. She went and pack her bags in ten minutes.

We then called Penelope to tell her the story that Lizzy came up with about why she was leaving all of a sudden. I wanted to help her but she kept telling me to calm down and that everything will be ok. She is the best daughter anyone could ask for she was so strong yet so gently. But all I could do was be a failure of a father.

"Lizzy what is going on?" Penny asked as she looked at the suitcase and duffle bag in the corner by the doorway.

"Penny, you know I have to work so I can pay the bill and help with your schooling right?" Lizzy said as she waited to make sure Penny was listening. When she was sure she continued, " I got a job offer that would pay all the bills and get you to school but, I have to move to another city."

"B-But, you can't just leave me." Penny said tears starting to form in her eyes.

"I know and I promise I will be back as soon as I earn enough money," said Elizabeth as she hugged Penny. She released her and stare at her before kissing her on the forehead,"I promise."

Penny sat and stare at her for a little as if thinking about something before finally nodding. "Ok, but you have to promise to call every day."

"I'll try." Lizzy said as she looked at me, we both know she might not be able to fill her promises.

The girls talked for sometime longer before we hugged and said our goodbyes. We sat for a little in silence before the doorbell rang and I went to open it. All the while feeling like a huge weight was being dragged around on my back. I don't want to send my daughter away.

                     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let me know your thoughts on this chapter and the story so far.

Vote

Comment

Share

Xoxo