CHAPTER 8

That situation lead me to where I was now, sitting on a stool at the kitchen island with a bag of frozen green peas on my forehead nursing a lump.

After that awkward situation where Demitrius dropped his towel and I gawked at his legs I quickly recovered and closed my eyes, attempting to run out of the room but of course that was not an easy task for me because instead I tripped over thin air, face first and bumped my head in the wall. And now I'm feeling incredibly stupid because it turned out he was actually wearing boxers that I didn't notice during my little 'escape' from what I knew would've been an awkward situation. A very, very awkward situation. But me being me only made it worst than before.

Why do I always have to embarrass myself, I groaned at my thought as I held the ice pack closer to my face.

"How is it feeling now?" This was his third time asking this question and it made me wonder why he was being so nice to me. I guess I was expecting him to laugh at me and call me a klutz, because to be honest I would laugh at me too.

He stared at me expectantly and for a second I was confused until I remembered he asked me a question. There you go again embarrassing yourself. My cheeks heated up and I quickly mumbled out a quick yes causing him to smirk down at me since I was sitting on one of the stools at the kitchen island and he was leaning against it, shirtless. Oh dear God.

Why is he always smirking? And what's with me and all this damn blushing?! I screamed at myself internally, starting to get frustrated.

He sat there staring at me for a while before asking if I would like something to eat I quickly said yes, the thought of food reminding me that I had nothing to eat since breakfast and now it was almost 7pm.

"Would stake, mashed potatoes and gravy be alright?" He asked.

I stared at him for a while wondering if he was joking or if he really could cook. I saw him cock an eyebrow and I nodded my head before answering.

"Yes, that would be lovely, thank you."

He went inside the refrigerator and took out the ingredients needed to make dinner. I sat there and watched him prepare them for a while, admiring his muscles flexing as he moved about in the kitchen, I could definitely get use to this view. Soon I decided that it was getting a little creepy staring at him I set down the peas because it had melted and my head felt better anyways.

I got up to ask him if he needed help but, just as I was behind him he spun around and I could feel his breath on my face. He took steps forward trying to eliminate the space between us while I took steps back trying to create space. Eventually, I bumped into the counter and realized that I could not go any further, another smirk took over his face and he seemed please at the fact that I was trapped between him and the counter. He started leaning towards my face until we were only a breath apart he ran his lips from the side of mine to my jaw bone and then my ears, his slight stubble brushing lightly over my skin causing goosebumps to trail down my spine, sending a jolt straight to my core and butterflies erupted in my stomach.

That much reaction from just a slight touch, I definitely need to get laid, I thought to myself. It had been so long since I had a good time with someone else because I didn't feel like dating anyone and I hardly had the time for it anyways between taking care of dad and Penny.

I felt his hand extending behind me, causing the hair on my hands to stand preparing for contact only for him to pull back with the salt shaker that was sitting behind me. I quickly stepped out of his way and walked back to the counter, in the meantime I made a mental note to ask him for my phone so I could call Dad and talk to both him and Penny. It had been a while since we spoke and I missed them both.

I continued watching him while letting myself get lost in my thoughts and I didn't even realize the time passing until he dished the food and then place them on a tray along with a beer and a ice tea. He walked over to the coffee table in the living room before placing the food down he sat down and I followed, he pressed something on a remote and a TV came out of the wall and turned on. He then placed it on one of those mystery movie channels and we started eating.

We ate in comfortable silence the only sound you could hear were the clanking of the forks and the sound the movie was making. The food was amazing I made a note to trip and fall more often so that he would cook for me.

After we were finish, we brought our plates to the sink and I helped him wash them before we went back to sit and watch the movie. I waited for him to say something conversational wise but he didn't and I decided that I would not say anything either.

We sat there for a while until I decided to ask him the main thing I wanted to since I woke up this morning. I cleared my throat to get his attention before speaking

"Um, can I have my phone back I need to call and check on Dad and Penny. It's been an entire week since I last spoke to them and I need to know that they are ok and let them know I'm ok too," he looked at me for a while seeming to be having an internal debate.

"No," was his simple answer an I shot up out of my seat glaring at him.

"What! You can't do that I have the right to my phone and I need it now so that I can call my-"

"Shut up! Now!" He got up from where he was sitting, too easily towering over me, " this is my house and I make the rules here whether you like them or not. You cannot and will not get your phone back for the time you are living here and that's final."

I opened my mouth to protest but once again he cut me off by holding up his fingers, "however if you be a good girl, by the end of this month I will allow you to talk to them and if you're extremely good I might just make that time shorter."

"What do you think I am? A fucking child?!" I asked more like shouted at him, I really need to talk to penny and check if she's ok. After all she's not use to me not being there and I the same.

"No, but you're actions says otherwise so stop acting like one, now for the last time shut up before I take back my deal and you don't get to talk to them at all."

"Jerk," I muttered before storming up to my room and closing the door. I seethed for a while before calming down and get ready for bed. Today was an exhausting day and it was late at night so almost as soon as I touched the bed I felt my self drifting off to sleep while thinking of what my stay here holds. I can only ever hope for the best.

                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

//Alright guys I'm officially on summer holiday and I'm back to writing. And here's a few things I'd like to get out of the way

Thank you so much to all of you who read and voted for my book, you're really appreciated.

I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Updates will now be slow unlike I promised since I'm still kinda busy and I hardly get time to write.🙁

Please don't forget to vote, comment and share.

This is one of my favorite song for the moment:

C o m e  T h r u  by Jeremy Zucker

Guys I'm obsessed with the song😫

Enjoy until next time 😘