Punishment

A week after Jokers death

Supergirl's Pov

"Superman please explain why we should, as you said, 'lock away this threat and throw away the key.'." The Judge asked.

"(Y/n) (L/n) is a threat, sure at one point he was a great ally to Batman and the Justice League, but that was before he ditched the Bat mask in favor of this red helmet." Kal holds up (y/n)'s broken helmet. "When he started wearing this helmet he put his past as Batwing behind him, and started murdering. Not just criminals, but anyone that would stand in his way, Rather that person be ally or enemy, criminal or police officer, hero or villain. (Y/n) does not care he kills indiscriminately."

"Is that all Superman?" The judge asked.

"(Y/n) may have stopped Joker, but what's to stop him from killing someone else? He's dangerous." Kal points at (y/n). "He was trained by Batman, a skilled detective like Batman, and he's also as resourceful as Batman. Letting (y/n) walk out of here like letting lose an uncontrollable, more dangerous, Batman that's not above killing anyone." I get it (y/n)'s dangerous, but why Kal trying so hard to get him locked up?

The judge looks at some kind of device on his desk. "Ok Superman I've heard enough. (Y/n) do you have anything to say?"

(Y/n) stayed silent for a moment. "....Superman is right.... I am dangerous.... I do kill indiscriminately... but a least I have what it takes to make the streets of Gotham and other cities safer." (Y/n) looks at Kal. "I'm done. Make your decision."

"In that case (y/n) (l/n) I sentence you to four years in Belle Reve Penitentiary." The judge bangs his gavel.

"(Y/n) I'm sorry...." Batgirl looks at (y/n).

(Y/n), you don't deserve this. I wished I knew how to help you.

(Y/n)'s Pov

"In that case (y/n) (l/n) I sentence you to four years in Belle Reve Penitentiary." The judge bangs his gavel. What does Waller want me? I'm joining her stupid Squad. I stand up and a bailiff puts handcuffs on me. I turn around to look at Batman, be he turns his head. Pathetic can't even look me in the eyes. I notice both Kara and Stephanie have sad expressions. I decide to flash them a small smile before turning back around.

"Good luck in prison (y/n) (l/n)." Superman said, and turned around and flew.

"Move it, (l/n)." The bailiff ordered.

Three hours later

"I never thought I'd see the day, when I would be taking Batwing to prison." The pilot, of the helicopter, said.

"He's not Batwing anymore." One of the armed guards said.

"Well either way I want to thank you. Seven years ago you saved my wife and daughter from Bane." The pilot said.

"This bastard doesn't deserve to be thanked." Another guard said. "In fact he deserves to die." The guard pulls out a pistol, and puts it against my head. "You killed my brothers! You deserve to die you asshole!!!" The guard yelled before he pulled his gun back.

I grab the barrel of the gun and put it between my eyes. "Do it! Fucking shoot me!" I let go of the gun. "....believe me you'd be doing me a favor."

"No." The guard holstered his gun. "Killing you would be to kind. You deserve to live with that guilt."

The other two guards set me back in my seat. "Sit tight, we'll arrive in a few minutes.

The helicopter lands at Belle Reve Penitentiary, and the three guards escort me out of the helicopter. The guards walk me up to the gate where Two people are standing.

"Welcome to Belle Reve." Amanda Waller says. I ignore her. "You can ignore me all you want. We both know why I asked for you to be sent here."

"You three can leave know." A guy in a military get up said to the guards.

"Let me guess, you want me to join your little pet project, Task Force X?" I say.

"Correct you are." Waller says.

"Wel..." I was cut off.

"You don't have much of a choice." Waller says. "Flag." The military guy, sticks some kind of gun on my neck, and I feel a sharp stinging pain. "That's why you don't have a choice, if you don't obey my orders that bomb in your neck will blow your head off you shoulders. Now Flag will you please escort (l/n) yo his cell."

"With pleasure." The guy, I'm assuming is Flag, grabbed by arms and dragged me to a heavily guarded cell block. "Open the doors." Flag ordered. The cell blocks doors open, and I hear a really annoying familiar voice.

"Oi! Looks like Flags brought us someone new." The guy the voice was coming from said. Boomerang. I growled internally.

"Boomerang shut up!" I heard another familiar voice say.

Flag pushes me forward. "Walk!"

I walk until I come to the cell the other voice was coming from. "Well I never thought I would see you in a place like this.... Batwing."

"It's not Batwing anymore. It hasn't been in a long time."

"That's right... I forgot you go, or at least you did, go as Red Hood."

"Oi! Red Hood? What's a bloke like you in hear for?" Boomerang asked.

"Didn't you hear Boomerang? Our newest member shot Joker five times in between his eyes." As those words were said a loud thud came from down the hall.

"That's enough Lawton. Shut it!" Flag ordered. "(L/n) move now!" I refused to move, and continued to stare bullets through Deadshot. " (L/n) I said move! That's an order!"

I shot my glare back to Flag. "Let me tell you Flag, I don't follow anyones orders. I didn't follow the United States Governments orders, Batman's, or the Justice League's. And I won't be following Wallers, and I damn sure won't be following your orders."

"(L/n) I don't care who you are, and I damn sure don't care who's orders you didn't follow when you weren't in this penitentiary. But while you're here you'll follow orders, and you will damn sure follow MY orders." Flag pushes me away from Lawtons cell. "Now get in your cell. It's the empty one between Frost and Quin." I walk to my cell, and lay down in the bed.

"Is what Lawton said true? Did you really kill the Joker?" I look over to see Killer Frost looking at me.

"As true as the bullets I put in his head."

"What!? You actually killed mister J." I look over to the other cell to see Harley in a state of shock. I nod and she falls to the floor and begins to cry.

Rick Flag's Pov

"Waller do you really think (l/n) will cooperate with the rest of the team?"

"It's not like he has much other choice. He either does what I say or I blow his head off."