53 Standing with the stars ¹

"Danny boy!" You scream walking into Dan's apartment. Phil is eating cereal and greeting you with a bow.

"Phil. Sweetie, its nearly eight o'clock. And your having cereal. Your having (a really plain cereal). I don't doubt the time, Phil, I am questioning the cereal choice." You say. Phil swallows and shrugs.

"I was gonna have (your favorite cereal) but we ran out of it. Dan is at the shops right now." Phil says leading you to the kitchen. You throw your bags into the corner of the room. Phil puts his bowl on the table and continues eating.

"Which shop?" You ask.

"The one down the road. Dan left five minutes ago. He might be there by now." Phil says. You give Phil a can I please go will you be okay yeah? He gives a nod and you throw on you (Hogwarts Houses) scarf, and leave.

- -

You were half way there when two girls came up to you.

"OhmigodareyouthegirlfriendofDanHowell??" One says. Her hair is flat and brown, it looks straightened, and damaged. She is wearing all black, and skinny clothes.

"Uh, yeah. Hi." You say trying to be polite after her obnoxious entrance. Girlfriend of Dan Howell? She seemed eager. Suddenly they start shooting questions at you.

"Are you guys still together?"

"Are you even wearing makeup?"

"He is too good for you."

"You're too old."

"You're too young."

"You look tired, are you insomnatic?"

"Woah! Guys, your just being rude. Do you know that. Look, I get you guys have crushes on Dan, and I had a crush with him-" you say.

"But you stole him from us. We met him before. You just have a small youtube channel. His is massive. Everybody knows him. Your just his carry on." The dark haired girl said. Her friend looked similar,
but different face tho.

"We need a man."

"Does is have to be Dan?"

"Yes." They say in sync.

"Okay, im just wondering. You don't want me to have Dan."

"Yeah, cos we're better than you."

"And you both want Dan."

"Uh huh."

"So one girl cant have him, but two can?"

The girl look at you with a gross expression on their face.

"Are you saying we'll have a threesome?" The friend says.

"Ew! No, thats gross. I'm not like that...."

Suddenly your phone starts ringing. It's Dan.

"Hey."

"Meet me at the band stand?"

"Oh no."

"What."

"Okay, yeah" you say with a sad tone. I'm acting sad to make them let me go.

"So meet you there."

"I understand. Okay. Give me ten minutes." You shut down your phone and start running to the band stand. The girls don't follow.

- -

"Ugh. I need food." You say sitting beside Dan.

Dan smiles and pulls out a mini box of your favourite cereal.

"Dan. You are a saint." You say taking the box and putting it in your pocket.

"So. Dan. What is the situation with the YouTube Couples thing. Its next week, and what is it." You ask resting your head on his shoulder.

"All they said that its a surprise."

"Mmmmmmm okay fine." You sigh.

You lie back and look through the sylight if the band stand.

Dan lies back beside you. He's being very quiet.

He takes your hand, and you smile.

"Damn, y/n, your hands are frozen!" Dan says. Laugh.

"Well, I think Sally took my gloves.." you sigh.

You and Dan look up. Your cross your legs over one another's. You hear sound of people walking behind you but the people don't talk.

You hear sombody counting and soon you hear a cello.

You sit up and turn back. Dan looks with you, smiling.

You recognise the song, but you can't get the lyrics

....told me...
.......me....
...ain't.....mesh head??

....dumb....
........thumb.

And them you knew.

"Daniel James Howell...." you say in shock.

"Did you just-"

"Yes I did."

"So your re-branding meant nothing did it?" You joke. Dan rubs his head and muffles something.

"Do you need some malteasters?" You joke. Dan sighs.

"I ducking hate you." He says. You look in his eyes and smile.

"Well I love you...." you say. You both smile and kiss.

- - - - - - -

o n e w e e k l a t e r , m 8

"Dan. We have seven minutes and the cab is here early, hurry up!" You call.

"Im ready! But do you need the books?" He says.

"Do you need the attitude?" You say walking out the door and hearing Dan following behind.

We get to the cab, and Alfie and Zoe are there.

"Hey!" They say happily. Alfie is holding his vlog camera in one hand and Zoe's hand in the other.

"Would you mind me vlogging you?" Alfie asks. You shake your head and buckle your seat belt.

Dan sits beside you and takes you hand.

Alfie starts vlogging you and Dan sit quietly as he and Zoe do all the talking.

-