74 improved

Dan:

:You

How's Sally?

Recovering. She went out with a friend the other day.

Whom?

Her ex... well... it's complicated

Oh jeez
How did that go?

Better than expected.
She was in the shower when I got home.
She seemed happy.
Maybe it was what she needed?

Uh, meeting up with an ex? Happy?

It wasn't a rebound option...

Is he hot?

No matter what I say you'll attack me.

Describe him.

Tall, dark dark fuzzy hair. cute... you but youthful.

Oi
I am still youthful

You said the cold weather hurts your joints

I'm long.
That's different.

But she's happier now.

And she showers?

Yeah. That's recovery.

Hmmmmmkay

Dan trust me.

I want what's best for her.

Caflreful now.
You have a girlfriend
and that's my cousin.
I know what's best no worries.

Can I come over later.

I tell you closer to then?

Alrighty

Love you xx

Love you too xx

(( your pov ))
I close my phone and slouch back onto the sofa.

Sally emerges from her room wearing her iconic messy bun and white sweater.

"Want food?" She asks walking towards the kitchen.

"IS that even a question?" I laugh. I hear her laugh back. She's laughing. So she feels emotion.

"Spring rolls?" She asks holding up the bag to me. I Nod.  She's eating. So she is healthy.

She empties the packet onto a tray and places it into the oven. She soon joins me to watch TV.

"How was yesterday?" I ask tying to be nonchalant. She looks at me and smirks.

"Very nice. I truly enjoyed myself. Ryan hasn't changed. He's grown. Emotionally and physicallu.... he asked how you were."

"Oh.. what did you say?" I ask. If he texts me I don't know how to respond to him. I kinda am the one that tore up his and Sally's relationship.

"Suscessful. You have a boyfriend. I tried to keep him away from the topic of you for as long as I could." She smiles. We sit in silence watching people run across the TV.

Sally stand up to get the spring rolls from the oven.

Dan: can I come in?

Yeah of course. I'll buzz you in.

We have spring rolls.

I run over to the panel and before I press dan in, I go into voice-to voice.

"Call me pretty." I smile. Sally looks at me and then smirks and shakes her head.

"W-what?" Dan hesitates.

"Call me pretty. I'll make you compliment Sal if you aren't gonna." I say threatening to make things more awkward than this already was.

"You the apple of my eye. Now may I enter."  He laughs. I sigh and press the buzzer and hear it echo through to intercom.

"Thank you," he commends, getting further from the speaker.

Around ten minuets later a six foot noodle walked through the door.
I was in my room getting changed so I couldn't get him immediately.

"Uh, Y/N? You here?" He asks. I knock on my door in response and soon hear Sally emerge from her room.

"Oh, Dan. Hey." I hear muffled through the door.

"Want a spring rolls? We've got more than enough." She giggles.

"Eh, yeah sure. I'll take one if your offering."

I pull on my jumper and fluffy socks and waltz into the kitchen.
I

fall onto the sofa next to Dan. He smiles and put his arm around the back of the sofa.

"You two suck. With your relationship." Sally says jokingly.

"Well you've got Rya-" Dan doesn't finish before I elbow him in the ribs. His arm jumps back to his side.

"Ayo who?" Sally says farrowing her eyebrows. I give Dan a deathly glare, telling him to leave me out of this.

"Eh, Daisy said you and a guy called Ryan went into the Starbucks yesterday and were kinda intimate." He says. Okay. That's a viewable excuse.

"Oh, he's an old school friend. We wouldn't date.  Been there done that." She smiles with no emotion and brings a plate of spring rolls over to the table. She sits down on a beanbag and grabs the remote.

"Avengers alright? I'm in a marvel mood."  She says switching topic. Dan gives me a look. He knows she's not amazing still. But she's getting through it.

"Uhm, how about Civil War? I wanna see a Tom Holland right now." Dan says movie his eyes back to Sally.

"Ah yes. Tom Holland.  The man we all had but didn't know we needed." She says. She switches on the TV and pulls Civil War onto the screen. I sit back into Dan and let the fictional characters take my attention away from the stress of others.