Ch. 4

Reader's POV

Ok, my dreams came true! The figure is Shadow the Hedgehog! I mean, sucks for Sonic and them but, yay me for actually seeing him! When I saw him, I hid a smile by bowing my head.

"Shadow? I thought you said you would never work with Egghead again. Why now?" Sonic asked.

"We have an agreement that~" Eggman started.

"Silence, fool." Shadow said to Eggman then turned to Sonic, Amy and Tails. "We aren't working together. He just told me that I can have my second win against you."

"Who's terms are we on that says we fight now?" Sonic asked.

"My terms." He said. By this point, I was turned away to hide my fangirl smile. On the inside, I was I squealing and jumping up and down. On the outside, I was covering my mouth and facing away from them.

Sonic's POV

Not him again. Of all the people Egghead had to choose him, literally any other "bad-guys" (I used "bad-guy" loosely) would've been better. It's not that I know he can beat me (and he has. He just caught me off guard, I can take him anytime...except now.), it's just I don't need him making me look bad in front of (Y/n). I'm supposed to be a hero, not a wimp. Well, I can be a wimp in private but that's not the point.

Reader's POV

"Let's make deal. If you guys win~" Eggman started.

"You mean when we win." Amy said.

"IF you guys win, you free (Y/n) and she goes home with you. But when Shadow wins~" Eggman started.

"You mean when he doesn't win?" Sonic asked.

"Stop interrupting me!" Eggman yelled and continued. "Whoever wins, keeps (Y/n) permanently." Sonic's, Tails's, Amy's and my eyes all widened. I stopped fangirling and turned around. I wrapped my fingers around the cage bars as I looked at them and they all looked at me. I got a knot in my stomach as I gulped.

"Scared, inferiors?" Shadow asked.

"No, we aren't~" Sonic started.

"Challenge accepted." Tails said. We all looked at Tails in surprise. What the fuck, Tails? Nothing against you but you can't just accept stuff without knowing the consequences. Like updating iTunes.

"Tails, are you crazy?!" Amy shouted.

"Don't worry, guys. It's one against three. The odds are in our favor." Tails said, reasoning them.

"Your calculations are wrong, fox!" Eggman said and pressed a button that opened three sets of automatic doors. An entire army of robotic bugs of all sizes came in and surrounded them. They all got into their battle stances and started fighting. Eggman fled from the room.

It seemed whenever they defeat a robot, a new one comes out. But it was only Amy and Tails handling the robots which made the process really slow and unprogressive. Meanwhile, Shadow had caught Sonic off guard and he was busy fighting him. I looked away right before Shadow slammed Sonic into the wall.

Sonic and Shadow stood about eight feet away, both in their battle stances and murmured something. Then, they both spin dashed toward each other and ricocheted off each other and into the air. I looked away and covered my eyes as I heard a BOOM!

I looked back at them and saw a crater and the loser unconscious in it. Due to the impact of the crater, all the robots and Amy and Tails were knocked off their feet.

"I can't believe it." I said, barely over a whisper as the winner walked toward my cage and flashed a smirk.

I know this is a really short chapter, but I needed at least one decent cliff hanger. 

Who do you think won? (The comments affect how this story goes!)

See ya next time!