all the stars

all the stars
background

Zala Azikiwe was born and raised in Wakanda

Zala Azikiwe was born and raised in Wakanda. Her father was council to King T'Chaka, causing her to grow close to the King's son, T'Challa. The prince would tell Zala that when he assumed the throne and became the Black Panther, he would make her his Queen. They were both just kids but they loved each other with all of their might. When she reached the age of 19, her parents migrated to Ethiopia and fell into power. She had become princess of West Ethiopia called Birihāni. T'Challa and Zala were ripped apart from each other. W'Kabi, their friend, would help the two meet at the border. Every week for the next 6 years, the two would meet. It was obvious they were in love, but they carried the weight of their kingdoms on their backs. So Zala and T'Challa had an on-and-off relationship.

Ethiopia had been divided into five parts North, Central, West, South, and East. Centuries ago, the gods gave each tribe a totem to protect them which would be passed down to each person who came into power. The West was given the animal totem. It gave whoever possessed it the power of any animal. Zala's mother had the necklace until she had fallen deathly ill. Her days were numbered and it was only right to pass it on to Zala.

She used the totem to protect Birihāni. The land was hidden just as Wakanda was but more and more colonizers appeared everyday. Their intentions were to seize the land and rape the women. Zala would not allow it. She left the kingdom along with a few guards and lived in a small village along the border. Her mother would pass soon and Zala would become Queen. But when Wakanda needed her help, she'd be there in a second.