[TWELVE]

Zala and T'Challa basically ran back to the palace

Zala and T'Challa basically ran back to the palace. She had Ayo send for the elder of her tribe. There would need to be at least two Tribe Elder's to witness the marriage, luckily Ramonda was also an elder. The couple met with T'Challa's family, Nakia, and Okoye. They told them of their plan to get married. "Right now? You mean right this second?" Shuri asked.

"Yes" T'Challa answered. "But nothing is prepared! The elders are not here, your dress is not ready-" Zala cut her soon to be mother-in-law off. "We only need two elders present and I have a dress I can wear. It does not matter what garb I'm dressed in, I would marry T'Challa in my pajamas if I had to" She said, causing them to snicker. "We just want all of you there with us" T'Challa said.

"My King, nothing would give me more joy" Okoye said, hugging the both of them before crossing her hands over chest, "I will go fetch the priests". With that, she walked off. Something pulled at Zala's heart. She knew that T'Challa wanted Zuri to marry them. It was a short-lived dream for him, and sadly they never got the chance. "Come sister!" Nakia said, pulling Zala out of her fiancé's arms and towards her quarters. Shuri departed as well, insisting that she needed to pick up her wedding gift to the two.

Zala looked back at T'Challa, he was being pulled in the opposite direction by Ramonda. He would also need to prepare for the wedding.  A fresh haircut and a new suit. Within the hour, T'Challa had a plethora of outfits to choose from. He chose a black set with the small red accents. He had assumed that Zala's dress would display her tribe colors so he wanted to match her. And T'Challa was correct.

The dress Zala pulled out of the closet to show Nakia had a red background but was complemented by so many other colors

The dress Zala pulled out of the closet to show Nakia had a red background but was complemented by so many other colors. The dress was long sleeved and low cut. Underneath, she wore gold pointed toe heels with a strap around the ankle. Zala's totem, that sat around her neck comfortably, made her feel like her mom was right there with her, guiding her through this moment. She wished desperately that she could be there, in person, with her. But Zala knew that she and the ancestors were watching down on her, blessing her marriage.