[EIGHT]

To Warrior Falls they went

To Warrior Falls they went. Zala's uneasiness stayed with her throughout the entire trip from the palace. Shuri assured her on the boat ride over that T'Challa would be fine. And Zala was praying to Bast that she was right. T'Challa had been training for this moment his entire life. But Erik was fueling on vengeance and and anger, and that could possibly overpower the King. Zala wished things could have been different. She wished Erik could have came in peace, eager to meet his family. But T'Chaka made sure that wouldn't happen. One choice, one choice, could have changed everything.

Zuri applied the charcoal colored paint onto T'Challa's face with his thumb. Erik stood opposite of the man, breaking a spear into two.
"He'll never beat T'Challa. He should have just came to the first challenge and gotten it over with" Shuri said to her mother, who stood in the middle of the young technological genius and Zala. Zuri gave T'Challa the grounded heart-shaped herb and spoke, "The King will now have the strength of the Black Panther stripped away".

The usual black veins appeared as he gripped to his shield and spears. Erik watched as everyone did the Wakandan salute to the best of the drums. Zala took the time to say another prayer to Bast. Nakia appeared from the caves as T'Challa stood. She came and stood upon a large rock next to Okoye. "This is your last chance. Throw down your weapons and we can handle this another way" T'Challa said. Erik plunged the spears into the ground and glared.

"I lived my entire life waiting for this moment. I trained, I lied, I killed, just to get here. I killed in America, Afghanistan, Iraq" Erik took off his dark blue shirt revealing crocodile scaring, "I took life from my own brothers and sisters right here on this continent. And all this death, just so I could kill you".

Zala felt like she was going to throw up. She nervously ran her thumb over the band of her engagement ring. He's gonna be fine, she told herself. T'Challa nodded at Zuri who took a deep breath before speaking, "Let the challenge begin". He slammed his staff to the ground and then walked out of the water. Erik instantly swung at T'Challa, him dodging the attack. The two continued fighting, both holding their own. T'Challa pushed Erik closer to the edge of the Falls. Swiftly, the King swept the outsider off his feet.

Erik quickly got up and continued with his attacks. T'Challa moves his spear towards the man, slicing above his cheekbone. Killmonger touched his cheek, the cut seeming to enrage him. He ran even harder towards Zala's fiancé. As T'Challa let his guard down trying to block the sword, Erik kicked him in the chest sending him flying to the ground. T'Challa popped right back up, defending himself. Killmonger managed you cut the inside of the King's thigh.

He dropped to one knee, holding up his shield that Erik was pounding on. Zala screamed out when he cut her love's stomach and then his arm. Everyone was visible tensed. You could see the beads of sweat forming on Zala's forehead. Killmonger knocked away T'Challa's sword and shield away, leaving him defenseless. Gasps were heard throughout the crowd as Erik stabbed his opponent in the stomach. Tears rolled down Zala's face, her heart was breaking in front on her.

T'Challa gasped, holding onto the spear The was lodged in his stomach. He was able to do pull it out, but dropped to the ground. Erik went to cut him again but T'Challa grabbed his arm. With his free arm, Killmonger punched him down to the ground. "T'Challa!" Zala exclaimed. She could barely see through the tears. "Get up! Get up!" Nakia whispered. As T'Challa rose, Erik punched him down again and then turned towards the group. "This is for my father!" He held the spear over his head but was blocked by Zuri.

"Zuri, no!" T'Challa said. The older man knocked the spear out of Erik's hand, against everyone's protest. He was going to get himself killed, though he was part of the reason they were in this predicament. "I am the cause of your father's death, not him. Take me" He spoke. "I'll take you both, Uncle James!" Killmonger snatched up the spear and stabbed Zuri through the chest. T'Challa screamed out for him as they all watched the man fall into the water and stop moving. The King crawled over to him, repeatedly calling out his name. He grabbed his sword attempting to cut Erik but fell.

"Is this your King? Huh?" Killmonger screamed as he dodged T'Challa, "Is this your King? The Black Panther! Who's supposed to lead you into the future". Queen Ramonda gripped the two girls hands as Zala yelled out, "T'Challa, please get up!". Shuri cried out, "C'mon brother!". Ayo turned to her general, "Is there nothing that can be done?". Okoye didn't speak, her lips trembling. T'Challa tried to rise but he had no more strength.

"Him? He's supposed to protect you!" Behind Erik, T'Challa tried to attack but he snatched him up and put him on his shoulders. Then he began walking towards the edge of the Falls. "No! No!" Zala screamed out with all her might. Without hesitation, Erik through T'Challa over. "No!" Ramonda yelled, almost falling to her knees. Zala felt like the world just ended in front of her. She was dead inside. "Nah, I'm your King" Erik spoke. Nakia pulled at Zala, but she didn't move. "Princesses, Queen Mother, we have to go!" She said.

"You know I cannot, Nakia. Take them, keep them safe. You know what to do" Zala said. Nakia furrowed her eyebrows, confused at what her dear friend was going to do. "I'm sorry" She said to the Queen and Shuri through her tears. Zala raised her hand to her totem, summoning the spirit of a dolphin. She then turned her back and ran, diving off the side of the cliff.

Her King deserved a proper burial and she was going to give it to him

Her King deserved a proper burial and she was going to give it to him. The Royal Family cried out even harder as they ran away with Nakia. Erik watched as Zala crashed through the water, "Let her die right along with him".