Barf Bin

•Y/N: Your Name
•L/N: Last Name
•H/C: Hair Color

Your POV:

"Do I have to?" I whine to my mother while adjusting the plaid skirt of my school uniform that reaches down to my knees.

 At my old high school, you could basically wear whatever you want, so I'm not exactly used to wearing a uniform like this

At my old high school, you could basically wear whatever you want, so I'm not exactly used to wearing a uniform like this. The material isn't even comfortable; it's stiff, and I'm not particularly fond of the skirt either. Hopefully, they can be broken in at some point, and it won't bother me.

"You are going," she responds, irritated by my question, while finishing my tie. I had no idea how to put it on correctly. Every time I tried, the damn thing came out crooked. I imagine I'm annoying the older woman with my persistence, but I really don't think it's a good idea to go to school today.

"But, I think I'm sick!" This isn't some ploy to get out of going, like so many other kids my age try to pull. Believe it or not, I actually love school. Call me crazy, but it's true. I always get good grades, and I usually get along well with my teachers. Though, I suppose I'm not very excited to go to my new school. I got used to my other one and am unsure if I'll even fit in here. With luck, everything will be all right in the end, but I still don't feel well right now.

"You are not going to skip the first day," mom retorts sternly.

"But, all it is is introductions!" I argue, pushing to stay home, since my stomach seems to be forming knots. My face feels a bit hot too, so I likely have a small fever.

"Enough! You're going, and that's final! Besides, you're probably just nervous. Now, you better hurry so that you don't miss the bus. Here's your bag." She picks up my black backpack off the floor before tossing it to me. I catch it with both hands and sigh in defeat while slipping it on. I then watch as she goes over to her purse, which sits on the kitchen table, to fish out her wallet. She pulls out some cash before coming behind me to unzip my back. "And, here is some money for lunch."

"Thanks, mom."

"I'll see you later, sweetie. I should be home around six. Good luck." She kisses the top of my head after zipping my bag back up after stuffing in the money before grabbing her purse and full coffee mug. I say goodbye before going out the door and walking to the bus stop at the end of the street. I start to adjust my clothing again, still not used to the uncomfortable fabric.

'I miss my pants. I feel naked without them.' Sure, I have knee-high socks on, but it barely helps. I don't wait long for the yellow, school bus to arrive, about two minutes. When I board it, I avoid the gaze of every person there while slipping into the front seat. They didn't seem to notice me anyway. People who weren't catching up with their friends after the summer were trapped in their phone, likely looking at memes or social media. I close my eyes and lean my head back with my hands lightly resting on my stomach, which seems to twist sharply inside me.