Calm Before the Storm

•Y/N: Your Name

—————————————————
Your POV:
__________________________________

—————————————————Your POV:__________________________________

__________________________________

When faced with the front of my school, I could hardly move an inch towards the entrance. I wished I never had to come back to this place. It's bad enough that my teachers are crazy; now, the ones who I thought were my friends are too. I wear my usual uniform with the addition of a black scarf, which thankfully, didn't look out of place due to the slight chill in the air. I used it to cover up the marks Ethan had left on my neck, and I don't plan on removing it no matter what.

I don't care that they had faded considerably over the weekend. I know they're there. I can practically still feel what happened, and it made me shiver. The flat surface of the door, the harsh grazing of his teeth and the heat of his body pressed against mine. It all made me want to curl up and die. I felt that if I left my neck bare, everyone would stare and judge, whispering rumors throughout the halls. The very idea makes me want to cry.

When I came home that night, I was lucky that both my parents had been asleep and didn't notice me sneaking in. I felt so guilty for hiding what had happened, but I just couldn't tell them. The last thing I want is for mom and dad to find out I went to that party because I know I'll get into so much trouble for it. My only hope now is to avoid Ethan and Liam as best I can and stay strong. With luck, they'll leave me alone.

The first class went by as usual, but it was the second that I dreaded, knowing that I share it with the devious delinquents. However, it did not go as I expected it to. The two didn't even show up, which was a big relief. Maybe they were skipping or were called to the principal's office again? I gulp, my eyes subconsciously drifting towards the door every now and again as though I expect them to walk in.

I feared the thought of them coming into every class we share or seeing them at lunch, but I was on my own for the whole day. I was on edge for nothing, and the same went for the next day, and the day after that and the day after that. A whole week went by, and still, no sign of them, then another few days. What was going on? Where are they?

'Could they really just be skipping?' It unnerved me. What if something had happened to them after I left that party? Could it be possible that they moved away? No, that seemed unlikely. Well, whatever the answer is, it left a bad taste in my mouth.

Something is wrong here, I'm just not sure what exactly.

__________________________________
Author's POV:
__________________________________

"I think we're ready now," Ethan claims in a low voice, his black hair an absolute mess on the top of his head. Liam hums in thought before saying,

"We should wait just a little bit longer. We haven't been to school in forever, and my parents are about ready to strangle me for it. Plus, it's suspicious." Ethan tightens his fists, a dead look in his eyes.

"I don't care. I don't want to wait." The redhead sighs and nods his head, feeling impatient as well. He grabs a pillow off of Ethan's bed and hugs it to him as he lies flat on his back, staring up at the ceiling.

"Fine, then." He brings the pillow up to his chin with a far-away look in his eyes, "We'll do it tomorrow if you're certain everything's ready." Liam turns his head to look at his friend, who's sitting on the floor, scribbling violently in a notebook. "I miss her," he says sincerely, causing Ethan's pen to stop abruptly. "It feels like something's missing, like I'm dying on the inside without her."

Frowning, the dark-haired boy nods in agreement. Abandoning his notebook, he comes to sit beside Liam as the redhead sat up with brows furrowed in frustration. Ethan pats his back in comfort, though he had a similar expression on his face. He was sad and angry— Angry that she up and left them. Things weren't as lively ever since Y/N declared the end of their friendship.

Strange emotions began festering within the boys, emotions that would've been better off left forgotten and ignored, but the temptation to act on them was just too strong. They had grown rather attached to Y/N. They like her and enjoy her company. They loved to tease and fluster her, to show her the wild side of life so that she could let loose. It was all gone too soon, and perhaps it was their fault, but that didn't matter, not to them. All they knew was that they wanted her back, and they would go through any lengths to make that happen.

"Yeah, me too, like I'm rotting."

"But, we'll get her back with this, don't worry. I doubt we'll be able to convince her with words, so with actions it is." Liam can't help but laugh a little darkly. Had anyone else been there to hear it they would've paled like a ghost. "I can't wait to see the look on all their faces. They had it coming." An evil smirk curled the corners of his lips in a frightful fashion, a look that Ethan found contagious.

"No one will know what hit them."