Passing Notes

Author's Note:

Just so you all know, I've never actually been in detention, so most of my knowledge on it is off of movies and books. I'm pretty sure I got the basics of it, though, so we all good... hopefully.

Anyway, enjoy!

——————————

•Y/N: Your Name
•E/C: Eye Color

Your POV:

A soft thud sounds as a result of my head hitting the surface of a desk immediately after I take my seat in the detention classroom. I still can't believe I ended up here because of a stupid teacher who wouldn't let me have a mandatory book, or even let me ask for the damn thing! This school is nuts! My attention is grabbed when I spot a familiar duo entering through the doorway and easily recognize them as the two delinquents that were kind enough to comfort me after the fiasco in physics class. Upon spotting me, they grin and take their seats on both sides of me.

Thankfully, there aren't too many people in here with us and none are next to me, so no one was booted out of their seat. Turns out, the two share a majority of my classes and had insisted all day that they should sit beside me in each one. I didn't even get any personal space during lunch because of them. I suppose it's not too bad, though. At least I've made friends, and they seem to be a rather interesting pair. I can feel all eyes on us as the two drag their desks to touch mine like they did in physics, causing me to sigh internally. The metal legs squeal unpleasantly against the floor, so there was no avoiding attention, even from those who had their headphones on.

"Hello again," Ethan greets excitedly, causing me to give a faint smile in response, but it fell not a moment later. I'm still very much upset about this whole thing.

"So, how's your first detention going?" Liam asks with a smirk that matches his mischievous eyes. I give a small groan while burying my face in my arms.

"It's awful. My parents are gonna kill me for ruining my perfect record," I mumble, very worried about what will happen when I have to go home and confront my mother and father about this. Hopefully, they'll side with me on this.

"Perfect record?" They repeat in unison as they exchange a baffled look. Was it really that surprising?

"You mean you're a goody-goody?" They ask together, again. I merely hum in response.

"Wow, you sure don't look the type."

"Yeah, I mean: with a body like that, I figured you'd be more like the school slu-" before Liam could finish his sentence, Ethan cuts in.

"What he's trying to say is that you're too pretty to be a nerd," he saves with an innocent smile as I send both a light glare to show I wasn't amused by what the blonde had almost said. Thankfully, the conversation ends there when a tall woman in a red blouse and black skirt enters the room. I recognize her as one of my teachers, Mrs. Fernandez, who teaches home economics. She's a rather stern woman off of what I've gathered.

"No more talking," she orders while sitting behind the desk at the front of the room, aiming the demand at us, since everybody else was being quiet. The boys roll their eyes at the woman before both taking out a notebook and pencil.

'Are they going to do homework?' I wonder.

'Wish I hadn't done all mine during lunch and free time. Now, I have nothing to do but lie here with my head down.' Boredom overtakes my mind rather quickly as I take to lightly tapping my fingers against the desk to keep myself sane. I hate having nothing to do. I was just about to close my eyes and drift off into a light nap when a paper slides onto my desk. I lift my head and look over to Liam, who had put it there.