Basketball Bet

•Y/N: Your Name

—————————————————
Author's POV:
_________________________________

—————————————————Author's POV: _________________________________

_________________________________

"So, any ideas on what to do with those prissy fucks yet?" Liam asks his dark-haired friend while flipping to the next page in his comic book. Currently, he sits on Ethan's couch after having finished his shift at the frozen yogurt shop. He had enjoyed having Y/N there for a time, but unfortunately, she left almost immediately after devouring her frozen treat, and Ethan never showed up, so he ended up all alone there. However, he knew this meant his partner was cooking up a diabolical scheme in that crazy brain of his. He couldn't wait to hear it.

"Yes, actually. I think I know something that'll solve all our problems."

"Oh?" Intrigued, the redhead looks up from the pages, a spark of mischief gleaming in his rush colored eyes. This brings a devious smirk to Ethan's lips.

"It's not fully thought out yet, and it'll take a fuck ton of work, for sure, and about fifty YouTube videos, but if we're careful, I think we can pull it off." Well, if his interest wasn't peeked before, it certainly was now. Putting the comic away completely, Liam gives his friend his full attention.

"What did you have in mind?"

__________________________________
Your POV:
{~One Week Later~}
__________________________________

I hop off the bus, trying to be hopeful as I walk in the direction of Liam's house, following the directions he had sent me through text. I can't say I'm exactly thrilled to have another "study session" with the duo, but it's not like I could've avoided it, especially after picking the date. My fate was already sealed. I just hope this goes better than last time. It probably will, considering his parents are supposedly home, and also, they've been getting better around me in general, aside from a few... instances.

They've gotten pretty clingy, even more so that usual, which gets a little suffocating, and they'd often glare at anyone who'd so much as look at me. Although, I do understand why they've gotten so protective all of the sudden. After all, I told them about those girls that were talking crap about us. They probably don't want someone to end up targeting me because of my affiliation with them. Maybe I should be thankful for that?

As I came closer to the house, I realized that he doesn't live that far away from Ethan's house, which seems pretty convenient for them. Eventually, I spot the two boys standing in the driveway, playing basketball using the hoop attached to the garage. Ethan laughs victoriously as he makes his way around Liam to dunk, successfully gaining a point.