Epilogue

I wake up from a streak of sunlight touching my face. Apparently I didn't pull my curtains completely shut last night. Opening my eyes, I can see the curtain snatched on one of the cardboard boxes underneath the window. Today I'll pack up the last ones, then I am done putting my life in boxes. Ready for the big move.

Behind me Loki stirs. He snakes his arm around my waist and hides his face in my neck.
"Happy anniversary, my little wolf," he breathes in my ear.

"Mmm... 365 days."

His hand goes on a discovery trip, his fingers softly caressing my skin, although I think he knows every inch of my body by heart already.
I immensely enjoy waking up with Loki. After our first night of sleeping in the same bed I don't think I've slept alone again for longer than seven nights in a row. But I'm going to have to in the next couple of weeks. As much as I am looking forward to going back to Holland, I know I am going to miss my dark haired prince.

We have the place to ourselves, Lisa is staying over at Marc's. After I move out Marc will take my place here. I think it is great they are moving in together. And this apartment is a lot nicer than the tiny studio Marc currently lives in.
Mr. Whiskers rubs against my legs under the table and I reach down to scratch his head. When Mrs. Willow had to move to a retirement home after a nasty fall in the shower, she couldn't take her cat with her. So Mr. Whiskers came to live with me and Lisa. Sometimes when I go over to visit the old lady, I take her cat with me. Mrs. Willow has made some friends in the home and they all love to cuddle with the animal.

Loki puts cereal and milk in front of me, then he turns back to make us tea. I still get a kick out of seeing him do such mundane things. Mr. Whiskers walks over to rub against Loki's legs. He picks the cat up for a hug, making tea with one hand.
"I've got something for you," he smiles when he takes a seat at the table, the cat on his lap. "But you have to wait a while before you can actually have it."

"Then why are you telling me about it now? You know I've got zero patience when it comes to this sort of things!"

Loki just smiles and pushes his phone across the table, there is a picture on the screen. I see a cat in a cardboard box, surrounded by little heaps of fur in various colour combos.
"Sverres cat got kittens. One of them is yours."
I squeal in delight, almost knocking over my cereal when I jump up to give Loki a hug. Mr. Whiskers quickly jumps to the ground before I crush him between me and my prince.

One hour before the movers will be here to load up my boxes and we are all done cleaning the room. There is a stack of boxes in one corner and in the other corner is my big suitcase next to my backpack. My handbag is sitting on top of it. The boxes will go in one of the containers that are shipped to Norway, I am taking the luggage with me to Holland. I will be spending two months with my mother and William. I am looking forward to see my little niece Anna again. Last time I saw her she was only two weeks old. And now she is 10 months old already! The last two weeks in Holland Loki will join me too. Then he can properly meet my family. It has been no more than pictures and video calls so far.

And after those weeks, we will go to the Asgardian settlement in Norway. Thor and Loki pulled it off. There are houses, farms, a school, it's a complete village on the south coast. And it will be our new home. At least for a while, to help set things up. The apartment in Stark Tower is also still available to us. Thor and Lady Eir live there most of the time, while Heimdall and Loki are moving to Norway with most of the Asgardians.
Loki is really doing well, S.H.I.E.L.D. even agreed to diall down the restrictions of his bracelets, so he can use his magic more. In time, I hope they'll trust him enough to get rid of the bracelets. Loki thinks that day will never come, but I am more optimistic about it.

I brush my hair out of my face and look around the room. All my personal belongings are packed up and everything is cleaned. The furniture that was here already is the only thing left in the room.

"There. All done." Loki hugs me from behind, nuzzling my neck.

"Don't. I'm all sweaty."

"Then jump in the shower with me. We have some time to kill before the movers are here." He nips at my ear.

"You, my dear prince, have the best ideas."

Author's note:
Want to read more about Loki and Ylva? There will be a short story coming soon! And soon means tomorrow! :-D
I wrote it after I saw the Black Panther movie. Another little hint: it will take place prior to this epilogue and it's called 'Las Vegas'.
Be sure to follow my profile to hear / read more!

Did you enjoy this story? I would love to hear from you in the comments! Or send me a message. And please vote! :-)