(Prologue): Unsolicited Embarrassment

Warning: a bit of swearing. Possibly more. Probably more. Thanks for reading!

If anyone around the school were to stop and ask who group of seven were, there wasn't a single soul who wouldn't know the answer. The second a new student entered the premises they would get a mouthful of words regarding the notorious members, and it was nearly impossible to get used to the regular early morning ear-piercing squeals of their 'fangirls' that erupted once they entered the building.

Maybe it was the leather jacket draped over his shoulder, the tight jeans, the occasional choker his friends insisted he wore so they could all match, or the smirk he carried along with him as a habit he unintentionally developed, but Park Jimin and his group fit in the 'bad boy' category almost perfectly.

He carried himself around proudly, head tilted high with a cocky smirk that sends the whole of the female population melting behind their lockers as they struggle to hide the deep mahogany on their cheeks. It was the complete opposite of the shy nature he presented a few years back, and he occasionally wondered what on earth his past self would think if he saw himself now. Disbelief, he supposed, but when he unexpectedly befriended a group of guys that ended up influencing him this way, it was a bit too late to turn back on the accidental impression he made. He had to admit that it was usually a bit tiring to hold up this fake image he created of himself.

Though sometimes it was more tiring to know that his friends knew of his true nature, "Jungkook-ah, I swear to god if you start pulling shit on me-"

"Relax, Jiminie-" The younger shut up once he saw the glare sent his way, "...hyung." He corrected, taking the smile of satisfaction the older male held as a sign to continue his sentence, "She's all the way over there, talking to her own group of friends. Why don't you, I don't know, go say a simple 'hello' or something?"

"For the last time- no!" In any other person's perspective, knowing their reputation, they most likely looked like guys that were ready to throw fists at each other, but in reality the closest comparison would be two school girls murmuring to each other about their nearby crush as one incessantly teased the other behind their lockers. Which is exactly what was happening.

"Dude, she's right there- hey look what you did, she's walking away." Jimin's eyes snapped towards your direction, watching as you stood in the same place as before, happily conversing with your friend in total obliviousness as to what was happening just a few mere steps away from you. He turned his gaze back to his cocky friend that sent a cheeky smile in his direction, "You looked."

The older male raised both his hands in the air as he shook them with a strangling motion, "Why you little-"

"Look, hyung," Jungkook started, successfully cutting off the other male's sentence from possibly getting too verbal, "You've been after her for, what, a year already? Two years? And the most you've said was a simple, boring, rather awkward 'hello'." The younger shook his head to himself, sighing exasperatedly, "Grow a bit, hyung."

Jimin somehow managed to ignore the fact that there were two hidden meanings behind his friend's last words, "I'm older than you, you little.. actually much larger than me, stupid twat! And it's actually much harder than it looks. Besides," He suddenly had a teasing smirk curve up his lips, "How many years did it take you to send a simple wink in a girl's direction, hmm? Mind answering that?"

Jungkook slammed his locker closed aggressively, brows furrowed and drumming his fingers against his thigh in irritation, "You know what- fuck it, I'm gonna talk to her myself-"