Pt.5

There are a lot of perks to falling in love, Jimin learned. Whether it's the butterflies fluttering in his rib cage every time he saw you, how a simple smile from you in his direction could send him onto cloud nine, or how a mere greeting could be enough to send him barreling towards the edge and make him smile nonstop for hours on end; or at least until one of his friends stopped to ask if he was drunk and/or doing drugs.

The entire concept just seems so odd, complex, intangible. He still doesn't know how it happened, whether it happened from one moment to the next, but one day he suddenly found himself dwelling on your image for much longer than necessary, and that's when he knew his feelings had fallen into a category far beyond just simple attraction.

So naturally he couldn't help but sneak glances in your direction with every opportunity he had, watching the furrowing of your brows and the adorable scrunching of your nose as you try to analyze the words in front of you.

"What in the goddamn are we even doing anymore?" You muttered- more to yourself than to the male beside you- but Jimin laughed anyway, skimming through the pages of the thick book in his hands before turning towards you,

"Y/n, just stick to the topic. And stop copying from the book, we're supposed to be using our own words, don't think I don't see you."

You prop your elbow on the table, resting your chin on your palm as you release a deep sigh, "I did! The book said 'he died in 1798', I said '1798 was when he died', that's good enough."

He only snorts, rolling his eyes as he reached out to grab a pen, his hand falling on top of your own as you two then share eye contact. He immediately retracts his hand, coughing out a small, meek 'sorry' before hiding his face in the book.

Even though what he feels for you has gone beyond mere attraction, he enjoys this feeling. Seeing you is something he looks forward to in his otherwise mundane days or activities. It gives him unique thoughts, a unique perspective; although one could argue that said perspective could often be easily skewed, considering just how often people could do stupid things for love.

But naturally, in Jimin's case, it would be more appropriate to say 'being stupid for love', instead.

"THAT WAS GOOD." Jimin jumps at the sudden scream in his ear, nearly falling off his seat from how much he was startled, his chair being violently pushed back as he struggled to not, well, fall off. He blinks, frozen in an awkward position, only remembering at the worst possible time about the stupid earpiece that he was given as you stare at him in nothing but both confusion and worry. And maybe just a tinge of amusement.

He clears his throat, "Sorry, sorry." He smooths his shirt before adjusting his position, standing up with stiffened shoulders, "I'll.. please excuse me for a second."

You only nod, and he takes that as enough of an answer as he takes refuge behind a nearby door just outside the library. He pauses. Sighs in a mixture of emotions. Takes a deep breath. And- "What in the actual hell was that?!" -screams into his earpiece. That Taehyung, again, owns, for whatever reason. He might have to start questioning what that boy does in his spare time.

"Relax, hyung!" Jimin hears Jungkook's distant voice from the audio, standing in place with a surprisingly blank expression, hoping to any god above that his patience won't wear thin. And that no one would pass by in the hallway and think he's talking to himself. Jungkook continues, "We know what we're doing."

"Like hell you do." The older mutters under his breath, ruffling his hair as he inspects his surroundings, "And where are you both hiding, anyway?"

"It's a secret!" Taehyung singsongs, Jimin feeling the cheeky grin he held even through the cheap earpiece (or expensive, he wasn't sure just how far Taehyung was willing to spend his money on stupid items). "And stop being a scaredy cat and come back to the library where we can spy on you."