Chapter three

Peters POV

Pulling myself up on the pull-up bars in gym class I can feel a few eyes on me, partly to blame for Neds actions in speaking highly of my physical strength "Look what you did, never mention my strength, it comes with my superhuman abilities" I whisper to my best friend, looking up from my sweaty hands my vision is captivated by Michelle who's sat on the benches reading as usual, running over I use a small towel to wipe the sweat from my skin "hey Mj" I say casually, watching her glance up from her book twice before realising it's me stood in front of her "oh Peter, decathlon meeting tonight" she whispers, furrowing my brows I look to ned "mr Harrington never mentioned anything about a decathlon meeting?" I mumble, watching her wave me off I wander over to ned with a look of great confusion plastered on my face "Michelle just told me there's a decathlon meeting? But no one else has been told?" I mumble following him into the locker room for our free track "dude she totally has a thing for you, have you seen the way she's been looking at you?" He says seriously, shaking my head I laugh "nah, I think she might suspect I'm spider-man..." I whisper through my teeth, watching his eyes widen "What'd she say?" He asks, shrugging I nod "nothing I just have a feeling..." I breath, his eyes rolling, I nod "or she just has a massive thing for you!" He teases, pushing him I laugh.

Sitting at the lunch table drinking a cup of water I watch as Michelle strolls on over to the table, casually scanning over a book, my smile fades when a familiar bully known well to as flash Thompson steps in her way "Mj, how would you feel to date me?" He asks casually, watching her look up her eyes meet mine briefly before returning to flash "thanks, but no thanks." She shrugs walking past him and sitting directly in front of me, looking up at flash he furrows his brows "Nice sweater dork." She laughs, pointing to my spider themed sweater I have on over a white plaid shirt.

Walking beside Michelle she points to the past work the decathlon team had done whilst i had been swinging "I took it upon myself to, since I know about your unpredictable schedule, tutor you about my meetings." She says emphasising the tutor, smirking I shrug "Can't promise anything Michelle" I murmur, hearing her scoff "I'll kick your ass Parker." She teases, looking up just as a criminal throws what I assume to be a grenade at the building next to us both, tackling her out of the way I shield her with my body, looking down at her I smile roughly "Peter how are you-.." she panics, shaking my head I look at the criminal "close your eyes." I say gently, watching her reluctantly close them, using the web shooter beneath my sleeve to web him to a wall I hide the device "your spider-man... I knew it..." She breaths, feeling the aftermath of the Grenade I drop my head on her shoulder "I didn't want you to find out this way." I whisper, pushing myself off of her I offer out my hand in which she takes.

Bursting into my room I throw my keys on my desk, looking up at Ned who's working on some decathlon stuff "Finally home?" He hums, letting an exhausted sigh escape my throat I look at my best friend "What happened to your bag?" He continues, looking at my burnt and ripped backpack I throw it on the floor in the corner "Criminal tried blowing me and Michelle up, she's good... I took most of the damage. She knows who I am now." I explain, sitting in front of him at the desk I look up at him, a smirk plastered on his dark skinned face "she totally had a thing for you." He teases, pushing the capsule of freshly brewed webbing into my wrist device "I'm not having this conversation with you." I murmur, grabbing my suit.

Flipping i land on top of a nearby building, the soft breeze causing my hair to wave and ripple gently "Peter?" Hearing Karen, my AI, speak softly into my ears "what's up Karen?" I ask, sitting on the edge of the building "are you okay?" She asks, nodding I shrug, playing with a strand of web that had stuck to my leg "I guess, Ned keeps bringing up something I don't really wanna think about..." I murmur, hearing her make a Noise of acknowledgement I nod "what's that?" She asks, feeling my cheeks darken I smile slightly "Michelle Jones..." I breath, watching thousands of cars pass in front of me "she has a beautiful name" Karen chimes, nodding I stand "she is beautiful, she's.. hah, she's awesome karen.." I smile warmly, shooting a web at a building I jump and swing towards the library where I know she'll be.

Standing on a nearby wall I crawl up a wall nearer to where she's sat reading, hanging upside down behind her I poke her head casually "Spider-nerd." she hums, furrowing my brows I mumble "What do you think about it all?" I ask, tilting my head when she thinks for a moment she exhales "I had always suspected you were him. The unpredictability in your days, the fact your stories never seemed to correlate it each other. There were a lot of gaps in your disguise. So I'm not as shocked as I would've been had I not suspected." She responds, staring at her for a moment I nod, watching her shake her head she laughs "What you doing here anyway?" She asks, shrugging I swing back and fourth "was in the neighbourhood" I lie through my teeth, hearing her snarl I smile "how interesting that Spider-Man, a crime fighting superhero turns out to be in the one deserted place of queens" she cocks an eyebrow smirking slightly, shaking my head I laugh "is it not flattering I check up on you? Queens is a rather dangerous city" I shrug, pulling myself up on a building I look off into the horizon, the sun completely disappeared "come on,I'll swing you home" I mumble, looking away from her as I offer out my hand, in which she takes surprisingly.

Swinging through the city she laughs and holds tightly to me as I swing under a bridge "This is traveling in style" I tease hearing her laugh even more I smile warmly dropping through a gap in a tunnel I pull her as close to me as possible as we pass through the gaps, landing perfectly on the fire escape of her apartment "you must've had practice" she scoffs, feeling her push my chest playfully I feel my suits eyes adjust to the Lightning on the dim under bridge of her apartment, peering inside her window I look at her darkened bedroom only lit with faint fairy lights "nice bedroom" I tease hearing her murmur a soft 'shut up' laughing lightly I lift my mask "loud and clear ma'am" I mock, shooting a web at a building through the gap we passed through when landing "wait, Peter" looking back at her I smile hooking my fingers on my mask ready to pull back down "Thank you" she breaths, nodding I pull my mask down and lift myself from the fire escape and into the air.