Chapter Thirteen

Peters PoV

It came as no surprise that as soon as Karen had cleared me no serious injury, I began patrolling as soon as possible, Of course I had to convince MJ that I'd be fine and that I'm not patrolling and not going on some sort of majorly dangerous mission with The avengers, it took a day for her to finally accept it but she did in the end.

Swinging through the city after patrolling for what feels like ten hours I drop down in front of a man who's robbing a shop, I sigh "come on man, you know better!" I shout, watching him turn to face me he raises his gun but is instantly taken off of him when I use my webs, sticking him to the wall I exhale heavily, helping the shop keeper up he thanks me constantly.

Sitting on a rail near MJ's house I push my phone to my ear "Spider-nerd? You okay? Your not hurt are you?" I hear her voice from the other end, concern drowning it "I'm fine, I'm fine... I just feel like I can do more" I reply uneasily, Hearing her sigh I lean forward "Karen only just cleared you for patrolling Peter, You got an unbelievable amount of crushed ribs." She replies, looking down I switch the call to my mask as I swing towards her house "but I'm fine, I have fast regeneration..." I reply as I land outside her bedroom window she looks over to me and laughs, ending the call I pull my mask off as I walk towards her, wrapping my arms around her waist she wraps her arms around my neck "you do great things Nerd, you don't need to rush into helping the avengers, Thanos isn't here yet." She says, nodding I pull her closer to me, smiling warmly as she nuzzles my neck.

••

Walking into school still groaning at the pain that's spread throughout my body after the incident that had happened yesterday, I look up at Ned who's smiling "You look happy" he teases, rolling my eyes I sigh "That beast wasn't as easy as I expected..." I murmur, straightening up I smile as MJ walks towards us reading her book "Peter what are y-" ned asks, elbowing him in the side MJ looks up at me and smiles "What are you smiling at nerd" she hums as I kiss her cheek I shrug "Just happy" I reply, watching her nod she punches me in the chest lightly "You better do ordinary patrolling tonight, Peter." She says before walking away, clenching my jaw I groan as I slouch and hold my chest "what was that about?" Ned asks, a smirk plastered on his face "im trying to convince MJ I'm fit enough to go back to helping the avengers" I grumble, watching him shake his head he laughs "but your not fit enough Peter, you literally look so fragile" he points out, shoving him I scoff "I'm not fragile" I reply.

Standing with Mr Harrington he looks over to me "No avenger work tonight Peter?" He asks, shrugging I go to speak but am cut off "No, no avengers work tonight because he's still injured!" Michelle says as she walks in, flash and everyone look over "Injured?" Mr Harrington asks, watching her poke my ribs I groan as I lean over "No patrolling." She says sternly, sighing I sit down "Why aren't you healing?" Ned asks, shrugging I lift my shirt up revealing the bruises and cuts "I have no idea, I might have to go see Mr Stark.." I murmur.

Walking into Mr stark lab he looks up at me "kid? What are you doing here?" He asks, standing in front of him and pepper, happy stood outside the room as usual "I'm not healing, from being thrown into that building" I reply, watching him look at me strangely he gestures for me to sit down "That was one of Thanos' crew, so I'm not surprised that your not healing" he says, watching pepper walk over "follow me" She says.

Climbing into the ditch in the ground, wax is poured over me casually "You won't be able to move, however it will heal you quicker" She says, looking up as she points over to cap who's reading a book "hey peter" he smiles, waving I look up to pepper "How long will it take?" I ask, watching her shake her head she smiles "about an hour" she replies before walking away.

Looking up as pepper walks towards me, she begins to break the wax freeing me from the confinement of the healing bath "Do you feel better?" She asks, pulling myself out I look down at my body, patting my ribs I look up "Yeah, I actually do..." I murmur, watching her smile she nods "good." She says.

Swinging into Michelle's room, she looks up at me with a cocked eyebrow, walking towards her I pick her up happily "Mr stark and pepper helped with my ribs!" I say, watching her smile she pushes my head playfully "That's great, dork." She says, putting her down I beam "so..." I hum, watching her laugh she walks over to her desk "let me guess, you want to join in helping the avengers?" She asks, staring at her I smile "Are you sure your not psychic?" I ask as I walk over, tapping the centre of my chest, my suit falls to the ground as she looks at me in confusion before quickly looking away and covering her face "Get some clothes on nerd!" She shouts, laughing I pull my jeans on as I walk over to her I kiss her cheek whilst I reach for my sweater that's sat on her desk "Michelle!?" Freezing at her mother's voice I look down at Michelle who's eyes are wide, looking up as her mother and younger sister and brother walk in, they stare at me "Spider-man?!" Her younger sister shouts, laughing nervously Michelle shoots a glare at her siblings "Peter, what a surprise" her mother smiles, nodding I clench my jaw "hello ma'am" I say quickly, watching her stare at us for a brief moment she walks out smiling, laughing I let my head fall on Michelle's shoulder.