Chapter Fourteen

Peters PoV

Sprinting across the top of a roof, my suit rippling against my body as the wind rushes past me, raising my arms I click the button of my web shooters before leaping off of the edge of the building, I let myself fall, watching the lights of queens dash past me as I fall backwards, I click my web shooters just above the ground before being pulled back up into the sky, swinging in between buildings, passing through a gap of the train pillars "look it's Spider-Man!" I hear someone shout, smirking beneath my mask as I swing down over the road "Peter!" Someone else shouts my real name, laughing I jump through the sky "Your in a good mood today, Peter." Karen says, chuckling, i land on top of a building "I'm fit, I'm happy, there's nothing going wrong." I say cheerfully, I stare at the night sky of queens "I'm glad" she replies, sprinting towards the edge of the building I swing down towards Michelle's house, the wind pressing my suit to my physique, I land outside Michelle's bedroom window, tapping on it slightly she leans up and looks at me, a warm smile spreading across her face she lifts the window and leans forward "Hey dork." She chirps, pulling my mask off I smile "Hey" I breath, leaning forward I kiss her cheek "Why are you so cheerful" she asks, climbing in I place my mask on her bedside table "Why wouldn't I be? I'm healthy, I got a beautiful girlfriend, everything is normal at the minute" I hum, watching her laugh she wraps her arms around my neck "for a strong superhero your extremely cheesy" she teases, lifting her up I kiss her softly "As much as I'd love to stay in this position, I have a meal to get to" she breaths, cocking an eyebrow I tilt my chin upwards slightly "Wanna travel in style?" I ask with a smirk "only if you'll join me at this meal?" She retaliates, putting my hand out she shakes it "you've got a deal" I breath.

Packing a pair of normal clothes into a bag, I sling onto my back, pulling my mask on I lift MJ close to me as I climb onto the edge of the building "You ready?" I ask, watching her scoff "I always am." She responds quickly, laughing as I sprint with her in my arms I jump off of the roof, shooting my web shooters we swing towards the restaurant, screams of joy and adrenaline echo through the sky as we dash through the wind, passing through gaps and skimming the roofs of cars and buildings we land directly in front of the restaurant, her arms wrapped around my neck and her head rested against my own.

After pulling on some normal clothes over my suit I had followed her into the restaurant, her family looking up at me, her mother and siblings smiling knowing they already knew we were dating however her cousins and aunties and uncles and grandparents stare in shock as we walk hand in hand towards the table, the people around us looking in complete awe.

Cutting into the steak, MJ talking to her grandparents "So Peter, Your Spider-Man" I hear a bold voice ask, looking up at her uncle who's leant over the table, everyone goes silent "That's correct" I respond after gathering my thoughts, MJ goes to speak but stops when I give her a reassuring smile "And your not afraid that one day you might, Get seriously hurt..?" He asks, staring at him I clear my throat "I've been okay so far, everyone's afraid of death, but I'll do my best to stop that from happening" I reply honestly, watching him nod MJ grabs my hand which is rested on my knee "Nerd" she whispers, laughing I shake my head "Can I see your web-shooters?" Looking down at Mj's little cousin, she sits upright "Dexter" she snaps, laughing I shake my head again, pulling my sweater sleeve down to reveal the web-shooters, a few members of her family marvel at the sight of them.

After watching MJ thank her family for the meal, I bid my goodbye to them, Pulling MJ close to me as I swing off through the city back to her home, Passing through the gaps of the pillars that hold the train tracks up, she wraps her arms around my shoulders tightly as I lower myself on to the roof that's outside her window "Well that meal was a success" She hums as she opens the window I climb in after her "Your uncle is slightly intimidating" I chuckle, pulling my sweater off she kicks her shoes off as I do as well, climbing next to her in her bed I wrap my arms around her waist, pulling her close to me she rests her head in between my neck and jaw "He's just looking out for me" she replies, nodding I kiss the top of her head "Hurting You is the last thing I'd ever do." I murmur, hearing her laugh she places her hand on my chest "Your such a Nerd" she laughs as she kisses me softly I tighten my arms around her waist, closing my eyes as she closes her own, she melts into my form as we sink into the bed.