Chapter 2

Ariana POV

Today I start school. My dad woke me up at 6:30 so that I could get ready. I showered and did my hygiene stuff before I found me some clothes to wear today.

When I finish doing everything I had to do, I grab my book bag and head downstairs. My brothers are already down here in the kitchen eating.

Ramone handed me my food and then he sat down to eat.

I ate some of my food. I don't usually eat a lot and it's not that I be trying to starve myself to be smaller or nothing like that. I just get full quick.

Our dad came downstairs and we finish eating before we leave for school.

We get in the car and I am in the back in between Javier and Alejandro.

Dad-Javi and Alejandro, y'all need to show Ari around the school so that she don't get lost.

Them-Yes sir.

He pulled up to our school.

Dad-Have a good day and stay outta trouble.

Us-Yes sir.

We got out and walked into the school together.

They had they group of friends that they went over to and I just tagged along with them.

I'm social but not that social. I don't be the first person to start a conversation first.

One of the boys looked over at me. I was trying to hide behind Javi.

Him-Javi, who is that lil girl?

Javi-This our lil sister Ariana.

All they friends introduced they self to me.

Its not a lot of them. They keep they circle small.

It was one girl, Aliyah. And two boys, Alex and Braden.

Aliyah-So u in 5th grade?

Me-Yea.

I don't talk to people y'all. Like this whole time I only been giving them one word answers. Around my family, I'm very outgoing. But around strangers, I'm very quiet.

Alejandro showed me to my class since its right next to his.

I went in and the teacher introduced me to the class.

I sat down in my seat. The teacher handed me all the work and stuff that I needed and then she started going over the stuff on the board.

I already know all of this. I already did this stuff at my old school. By the way, this is my math class.

I love math. Its my favorite and my best subject.

She put this problem on the board: 8x(5-2)+4x(4+5)+18(5). If x is 12, what is the final answer going to be? She asked for a volunteer to go up to the board and solve it. I raise my hand and she calls on me.

I go up to the board and start to work the problem.

I simplified where I could and then did the rest of the math in my head.

When I was finished, the answer I had got was 810.

My teacher looked a little shocked because I didn't use the calculator at all to get my answer.

Ms. Williams-Did u work that whole problem in your head?

I just nod.

She looks amazed.

I walked back to my seat and somebody put their foot out to trip me. I tripped but I caught myself before I could fall.

The class laughed at me.