Chapter 6

Arianna POV

Arielle just pulled up outside of my house and my dad's car is in the driveway. I really don't want to get out of this car but I have no choice.

Me: See you later Ari.

Arielle: See you later boo.

I grabbed my bag and got out of the car. I pulled out my key and opened the door. I head straight to the stairs and make my way up to my room. As I'm going up the stairs, my dad came and stood right at the top. Shit.

Dad: So, where you coming from?

Me: I...uh...I was with a couple friends.

Dad: Did you ask if you could go out with a couple friends?

Me: No, but...

Dad: Ain't no buts. You know you don't leave this house when I am out working.

Me: Dad, I just wanted to go to the mall.

Dad: And I might have let you when I got home.

I didn't say anything.

Dad: I see you changed your outfit too.

Me: Huh?

Dad: Don't huh me. You left outta here in a short skirt and a crop top.

How do he know what I left home in? God, why does this man know everything?

Me: Dad I'm sorry. I shouldn't have left today. Please don't whoop me.

I looked up at him with tears in my eyes.

Dad: Give me your phone then go to your room and stay in there for the rest of the day.

Me: Yes sir.

I handed him my phone and ran up the stairs and straight into my room. I just got out of an ass whooping. That's a rarity around here so I'm looking at this as a blessing.

I still have my tablet and laptop so I can communicate with friends without my phone.

I have been touched by an angel today🙌🏾.
______________________________________________________________________________
Next Day

Arianna POV

My dad just woke everyone up and it's 3:00 in the morning. We are all sitting in the living room tired and groggy as fuck.

Javi: Dad what's going on?

Dad: We're about to drive down to Tennessee to get the family and bring them here to stay with us.

Mario: What happened?

Dad: Somebody shot up their house so they are all up and packing now.

Me: We're all going?

Dad: Yes. So slip on some clothes and meet me in the car in 10 minutes.

We all went our separate ways to our rooms to get dressed. I slipped on some jogging pants and a hoodie over my shorts and tank top. I put on some gym shoes and then ran in my bathroom to brush my teeth before we go.

I finished up and met everyone at the car. We piled in and then dad hit the road.

It's an early Friday morning and we are on the road heading to Tennessee. We will be to our families house in about an hour.

This crazy tho. Like, who would shoot up their house?

I dozed back off and when I opened my eyes again, we were pulling up to the house. It was a bunch of broken glass on the ground and holes in the door.