Chapter 2

Lucy's POV

I woke up in a forest. 'Where am I? Oh, that's right... I'm dead. What is this place? Heaven?' I heard a commotion in the distance. 'Must be a town or something.'

I walked towards the noise until I reached a small town. I walked up to an old lady, "Excuse me, but where am I?"

She looked up before saying, "You must be new. Let me explain everything to you." She talked about souls, Hollows, districts, the Soul Society, the Seireitei, reiatsu, and Shinigami.

After she was done, I thanked her and went back to the spot that I woke up in. I sat against a tree and sobbed. 'Natsu... Minna... I miss you guys...'

-=-=-

After a while I decided to go back to the district, which I later found out was the Rukongai District. I got a small home and chose to live alone. After I settled in, I walked around, looking at vendors. I wasn't paying attention as I walked and bumped into someone.

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" I apologized.

"No, it wasn't your fault, it was mine. Are you okay?"

I looked up, "Yeah, I'm okay, Thank you."

The man had short, brown hair, and wore glasses. He was wearing a black kimono with a white shihakusho. The shihakusho had the kanji for the number five on the back.

"I'm Aizen, Aizen Sousuke, Captain of Squad 5." He smiled warmly at me.

"I'm Lucy, Lucy Heartfilia," I returned his smile, "Do you need help with anything?"

"Not at the moment, no. I was actually sent to find someone. We, the other captains and I sensed a large amount of spiritual pressure. I will be wandering around for a while, just until I find the source."

"Oh, okay! Well if you do need anything, I live in the small house at the end of the path," I pointed in the direction of my house.

"Thank you, Lucy," He started walking away.

I smiled at his receding form.

-=-=-

When I got back to my house I made something to eat and went to sleep.

-Mindscape-

I was on... CLOUDS?!?! 'What in the world?'

I was night time, and the stars shone brightly. The moon was full and was half red and half icy, blue.

"Where am I?"

"You are in your mindscape."

I whirled around to see a wolf and a phoenix. The wolf was a male and was black, and the Phoenix was a female and was flaming white.

The wolf spoke, "I am called Tsuki, meaning 'Moon', and the Phoenix is Kasai, meaning 'Fire'. We are your zanpakutos. I can control lightning, and Kasai can control fire. She can also heal wounds."

"It's time to wake up Lucy," Kasai said.

"Wait! How do I draw on your power!"

"You'll know. And if you need anything just come here. We are in your mind after all."

-Out of the Mindscape-

I opened my eyes. 'Hmmm. Zanpakutos, huh?'

*Knock Knock*

'Who could that be?'

As I got up I noticed two swords lay beside me. 'Must be Tsuki and Kasai.'

I grabbed them and started heading towards the door. When I opened it, I was surprised to see Captain Aizen standing there.

"Aizen-sama?"

"I found the source. I think it's you."