Chapter 5

Lucy's POV

'Who is that?' I saw a lady with dark purple hair in an orange outfit, kneeling next to Captain Kuchiki. She was holding on tightly to the cloth that was wrapped around Byakuya's zanpakuto. She let go and flash stepped in front of Ichigo, and stabbed him with her hand, drugging him. He lost consciousness and she caught him in her arms and turned towards me.

"What ar-" before I could finish my question, she flashed behind me and hit the back of my neck, causing me to blackout.

-=-=-

I start to wake up. I groan. 'What the hell. Why did that lady knock me out?' I hear rustling beside me and immediately snapped my eyes open. I hear Ichigo talking to someone, who I'm guessing is the lady. I sat up and took in my surroundings. We were in a cave. The lady noticed me first.

"Oh, you're finally awake! Lucy Heartfilia, right?"

I nod, "Yes, and you are?"

She gave a toothy grin, kind of like Natsu, "My name is Yoruichi Shihoin, former captain of Squad 2."

My eyes began to sparkle, "Woah! I've heard so much about you! It's so awesome to meet you! You're so cool!"

Upon hearing that, she struck a pose, "I know, I'm amazing, aren't I?" All around her began to sparkle. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Ichigo sweatdrop. After another couple of seconds, we got serious.

Yoruichi spoke first, "Anyways, I will teach you guys to use bankai in under 3 days. Considering that Rukia's execution date has been pushed up."

I raised my hand, "Um, I already know bankai, and IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?!" She only smirked at me.

-=-=-

We were watching Ichigo train at the moment. Just then Renji Abarai came down.

"Oh, Lieutenant Abarai! What are you doing here?"

"I came to work on my bankai. I'm going to go get started now," he started walking away when I remembered to ask something.

"Wait, Renji, have you seen Captain Aizen lately? I haven't seen him since before all of this started."

His body noticeably tensed. I grew worried, "Renji did something... happen?"

He slowly turned around, a grim expression on his face, "You didn't hear, did you...?" He averted his eyes away from mine and tilted his head downward, "The other morning... Captain Aizen... was found dead, a zanpakuto sticking out of his chest."

"You-, You're joking... right?" I crumble to my knees and bury my head in my hands. I cry out as tears fell uncontrollably down my face.

"I'm so sorry," Renji said as he, again, turns to walk away.

-=-=-

No One's POV

Yoruichi watched, with a look of pity, as Lucy cries her heart out, mourning for her loss. Ichigo had also paused his training, having heard the entire conversation. Yoruichi approached Renji.

"Hey... What exactly was the relationship between Aizen and Lucy?" Ichigo had joined them.

"Well, Captain Aizen, was the first friend Lucy had met here. He was the one that told her that she should become a Shinigami. I heard that almost every day, they met under a cherry blossom tree to talk to each other about their day, and so on. He had also trained her sometimes too, and he was the one to help her learn bankai. Lucy once said that she considered Captain Aizen as the older brother she never had. Of course, hearing about his death would shatter her heart."